LAN play on Nightly builds
I've been trying to get GT4 LAN (SCUS_973.28., so not the Online Beta, just the regular NTSC disc version) to work on my own home network. I've set up Sockets in the pcsx2 settings and I made network configurations inside GT4 on both machines (both using DHCP, as otherwise the game just tells me no network adapter is connected). Despite all of this, the game gets stuck in an infinite loop on the "Waiting for connection" screen, on both the host and the client. I tried PCAP as well, but that doesn't seem to work anymore either, plus I don't want to use any VPNs or anything, just regular LAN connections between computers on the same network. I should mention that one of those computers is a Linux system, but the issue is the exact same across both Linux and Windows (with the Windows machine being the host). Anything I missed, or is this just not possible for some reason? Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I'm really tired of having to play multiplayer in splitscreen when I could do the same with multiple computers.

Sponsored links

(04-26-2024, 10:34 PM)Utopian Wrote: I've been trying to get GT4 LAN (SCUS_973.28., so not the Online Beta, just the regular NTSC disc version) to work on my own home network. I've set up Sockets in the pcsx2 settings and I made network configurations inside GT4 on both machines (both using DHCP, as otherwise the game just tells me no network adapter is connected). Despite all of this, the game gets stuck in an infinite loop on the "Waiting for connection" screen, on both the host and the client. I tried PCAP as well, but that doesn't seem to work anymore either, plus I don't want to use any VPNs or anything, just regular LAN connections between computers on the same network. I should mention that one of those computers is a Linux system, but the issue is the exact same across both Linux and Windows (with the Windows machine being the host). Anything I missed, or is this just not possible for some reason? Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I'm really tired of having to play multiplayer in splitscreen when I could do the same with multiple computers.

Use pcap bridge mode for lan play instead of sockets.
(04-27-2024, 09:23 PM)prafull Wrote: Use pcap bridge mode for lan play instead of sockets.

Thanks for the advice but I tried that already since my original post. On Windows it gives the same results (getting stuck on the "waiting for connection" screen), and on Linux, the game just outright tells me that "Network Adaptor is not connected". The only way I can even get to the "waiting for connection" screen (only to get stuck in the infinite loop there) on Linux is by using sockets, neither pcap switched, nor bridged work whatsoever. I should mention that this machine is technically not a PC, but a Steam Deck, meaning it uses WLAN instead of LAN, which I why I followed a reddit post made on r/SteamDeck. Needless to say, it doesn't help with GT4.
On Windows, as I mentioned, it just seems ineffectual and doesn't change the outcome whatsoever. I should mention that I also tried following the guide found on these forums first. I also tried all the combinations that get me to the "waiting for connection" screen, such as changing the device type used on Windows (since, as I mentioned, on Linux everything but Sockets just outright doesn't work at all). Of course, I only tried without Hamachi as I don't need it nor do I want to use it. It seems like proper LAN play is just impossible on pcsx2 nightly right now. I set up my network settings according to that guide, so those should be correct.