Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAPTOPS- TOSHIBA Vs. HP Which is best with same specs more or less?
I am still stuck. I am leaning toward the HP HDX 18.4 inche screen with the 3.06 dual processor and 500 GB at 7200 RPM with 6 GB RAM and 1 GB of Memory graphics using Nvidia.....Does anyone think this laptop still will not produce as well as the Toshiba's which tap out at 2.8 processor speed and use Raedon instead of Ge Force Nvidia???Thanks

Sponsored links

You're going to have to provide more detail if you want any kind of advice. Eg. provide the actual CPU, as there can be several different CPUs at the same speed. Also state the graphics card model, as 1GB memory tells us nothing. Asking if a Radeon (ATI) graphics card is better than an Nvidia graphics card is pointless, since there are hundreds of possible graphics cards you could be talking about. It's like asking if a Honda car is faster than a Toyota, when, for all we know, you could be talking about a hunk of junk Honda from 12 years ago, compared to the most expensive, current Toyota car, or vice versa.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Thanks Booger..here are the specs on the HP....

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) edit
Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9900 (3.06 GHz, 6 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB) edit
Memory 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) - For 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M edit
Hard drive FREE Upgrade to 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive from 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive edit
Graphics card 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M - For DDR3 Memory edit
Display 18.4" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p) edit
Primary optical drive Lightscribe Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer edit
Personalization Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid) edit
Networking Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth edit
TV & entertainment experience HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner edit
Keyboard Backlit Keyboard edit
Primary battery 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery edit
OS and recovery media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) edit
Productivity software Microsoft® Office Basic 2007 edit
Here is the Toshiba Specs:

Satellite P500-ST6821
PSPE8UTCN39T Hide/Show Configuration Add Accessories

Average build time for customized orders is 8-10 business days.
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9600 (2.80GHz, 6MB L2, 1066MHz FSB) Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate (64-bit version), SP1 Design Options Fusion Finish™ Sonic Pattern in Black Onyx with Edge-to-Edge Display KeyBoard Color Glossy Black US LED Backlight Keyboard Microsoft® Office Software Microsoft® Office® Basic 2007* Memory 6GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz SDRAM (4096MB+2048MB) Graphics Controller ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD4650 with 1GB DDR3 discrete graphics
plus 254MB-1278MB shared memory using ATI HyperMemory™ technology Hard Disk Drive 320GB HDD (7200rpm, Serial ATA) Battery Lithium Ion battery (6-Cell, 4000mAh) Standard Limited Warranty 1 Year Standard Limited Warranty
Bad example, Honda is ALWAYS better than Toyota Tongue
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Why would I go down to 4 GB af RAM if both above are 6? I appreciate the advice but for one, I can't afford a Quad 3.5 and I don't know what laptop brand you speak of but I have never had a 680iLT option? Basically above are the 2 computers I can maybe afford. I think both have tons of space and I have heard good things about the GeForce 130 Ndivia 1GB memory, but also Radeon...So I would think both these computers are very powerful and fast. WOuld you not like either of these laptops? I would like to get one of the two unless everyone on this website thinks the HP or Toshiba is junk. I don't I just don't know which brand to go with...help!
IMO, the HP lappy is better.
BTW, which laptop is GPU-replaceable? HP/Toshiba can (probably) retrofit them with higher models if the cooling allows it.
Do you think the HP at 1975 that I listed above with pretty kick butt specs is a fair price? Pretty much the max power they offer outside the 2.5 quad....please let me know everyone! I am a school teacher and quite broke just starting work. I want toi get a computer that I can say 2 yrs. from now still has great specs...I am sure the 3.06 dual will be surpassed but 56 GB memory and 1GB graphics Ndivida t 130M I need to know before i for up 2000 if you think I am getting my money worth for media streaming, gaming, watching NFL games or MLB games online, etc,,,Everything! PLease the Toshiba is like the same price but uses that Radeon graphics controller opposed to the HP GE FORCE Nvidia at 1GB and with a 5ooGB HD at 7200 opposed to the TOshiba at 320GB...

BOTTOM LINE THOUGH, IS THIS A FAIR PRICE? 1975? IT IS REPLACING MY LAPTOP AND DESKTOP AND IT WILL NOT JUST BE A TRAVEL DEAL. I HATE WORRYING ABOUT MONEY...THANKS!!!!
If you are primarily interested in media streaming, the GPU is not all that important. Get a faster processor and ethernet/wireless network capabilities.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Hi , well also for gaming and things like that..music, pictures, and just having a big time laptop that will not be old 6 months later because I went low on speed and memory, etc....What do you think as far as brand? Sony's are awesome but like 600-700 more than the HP, Toshibas, Lenovos, and Asus....I like the HP but I am not a computer wiz and certainly not when it comes to which brands hold up the best. I like my Toshiba I have now but it is 3 years old and slowing down on me big time as it has only 1GB RAM and 100GB HD at 1.66 processing speed....I like this one...

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto.do#
definitly the HP
the 4650 is slightly faster than a GT130M but the rest of the HP is way way faster
besides GT130M overclocks well (mine is 26% overclocked and can be pushed even further)
[Image: 1454055.png]