[LIST] The Most CPU-Intensive Games
(12-29-2013, 04:08 AM)NarooN Wrote: i7 is only faster due to differences in base cpu clockspeed, really. uArch-wise it's the same ST performance.

What GHz are needed for GT3 on a modern AMD chip? If it's more than 4ghz I'd quality it as intensive still and keep it on the list, but if it's less, then we can remove it.

A stock fx 6300 could probably do it with mtvu enabled and all of the recomended speedhacks.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

I wish I had it to test. I actually DID a long time ago, but I gave it away or something lol. Based on my guess about all this, I'd say my CPU at 4.12ghz would probably hold it around 65 fps average. But that's a guess based on benchmarks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 04:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I wish I had it to test. I actually DID a long time ago, but I gave it away or something lol. Based on my guess about all this, I'd say my CPU at 4.12ghz would probably hold it around 65 fps average. But that's a guess based on benchmarks.

I don't know though. I was testing with no speedhacks at all and forced pcsx2 to only run on two cores with task manager.
Okay, how about this:

Is it easier or harder on the cpu than burnout 3?

B3 we know is intensive. For me I get occasional drops to 57 or so FPS with many cars on the screen. So if we compare b3 on my machine, to b3 on your machine, we will know roughly how much faster yours is than mine. Then we can extrapolate how GT3 would run on my cpu.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 04:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Okay, how about this:

Is it easier or harder on the cpu than burnout 3?

B3 we know is intensive. For me I get occasional drops to 57 or so FPS with many cars on the screen. So if we compare b3 on my machine, to b3 on your machine, we will know roughly how much faster yours is than mine. Then we can extrapolate how GT3 would run on my cpu.

I get around 80 fps on b3 with mtvu and recommended speed hacks.
Burnout 3 is easy if we enable mtvu and cpu clocked above 3.6Ghz.
How about making list from the most to less demanding alternatively. Instead alphabetically
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
Games to add to the list

Xenosaga 2,3
Drakengard 1 (dunno about 2 but most likely)
Dragon's Quest 8
Rouge Galaxy

That's all I can think of
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
List updated. Been a while since I maintained this, lol.
Question: You did mention beefy processor in the main post but, can you be more specific about the processor needed to emulate the game.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
here's the answer to your question

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...#pid336714

Call of duty 2 should be added to this list. It requires software mode and my friend's fx 8350 at 4ghz can only get 35fps