[LIST] The Most CPU-Intensive Games
(11-20-2013, 05:35 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: 74% EE isn't that high, no. It shouldn't be high enough to cause slowdown. I suspected the GPU, as what you were saying happened to me on my GT 610, but not when I switched to 7870. Sorry for the late reply, as I've been asleep for about 19 hours. lol

How'd you come to that conclusion? The clock rate is lower but the instructions per clock is very high. This is commonly the case in laptops. Although that sentence is kinda broken anyway, maybe I'm misunderstanding?

75% is getting up there. Thats what I get when im playing R&C or Jak and Daxter the precursor legacy in software. The same for the GS though it doesn't run at full speed, but what I don't understand is how the op could get have issues with a 670m. It beats my 650 in passmark and 3dmark 11 but barely looses in 3dmark 06. With that knowlege the GS percentages should be quite low.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(11-20-2013, 07:07 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: 75% is getting up there. Thats what I get when im playing R&C or Jak and Daxter the precursor legacy in software. The same for the GS though it doesn't run at full speed, but what I don't understand is how the op could get have issues with a 670m. It beats my 650 in passmark and 3dmark 11 but barely looses in 3dmark 06. With that knowlege the GS percentages should be quite low.

Doesn't the GS% represent the CPU side of the GS?

Since it maxes out the sensor in GPU-Z, it's definitely the GPU.

Shinra had said he is running 1920x1080, and in another thread he mentioned using MSAA.

Maybe that's why?

F it, I'm gonna run a test now, with FFXII IZJS.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well, that's weird. Testing at 6x resolution with the setup in my sig. It was hard to catch a good screenshot, but it seems to happen at the end of the quickening mostly. I caught this screenshot on "Time up!" lol, but you can see slowdown even on MY rig. 46fps, but notice the low EE and GS...
[Image: 1_zps3043a014.png]

My GPU-Z load only peaked at 68%, however it does not do this for me at 4x or less.

Maybe I should make a note on my GPU heavy list about this?

It also slows down when you change zones, as shinra said.

I may have to eat my words here, because there is SOMETHING going on.

Edit: I gave shinra a point for being right about FFXII, although I think it's a GPU issue. But he was right and I was wrong.

Oopsy.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
@Bliss 1st post: Nah, I'm not using MSAA. I'm only using the default AA, texture filtering, and a fxaa shader. The MSAA thing was just an example of that particular subject.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Umm... for Xenosaga , I don't think it's one of the most demanding since it can runs at 60 fps without speedhacks using my Xeon E5-2643V2 and a R9 290X.

I was using the MSAA at 16x , AA1 activated and 5x native and still 60 fps without speedhacks...

As for my settings :
[Image: 20adh0h.png]

In-game screenshots :
[Image: dzdp8l.png]
[Image: mhasld.png]
[Image: 24oqblt.png]
[Image: rc7ywi.png]
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]
(11-24-2013, 06:15 PM)God601 Wrote: Umm... for Xenosaga , I don't think it's one of the most demanding since it can runs at 60 fps without speedhacks using my Xeon E5-2643V2 and a R9 290X.

I was using the MSAA at 16x , AA1 activated and 5x native and still 60 fps without speedhacks...

As for my settings :
[Image: 20adh0h.png]

In-game screenshots :
[Image: dzdp8l.png]
[Image: mhasld.png]
[Image: 24oqblt.png]
[Image: rc7ywi.png]

You have a godly CPU. Most of us wish
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
yea maybe but still... champions : return to arms is the most demanding game as I saw on my PC... runs about 35-40 fps...

Finaly! I found a method to get Champion : Return to Arms , to runs at 55-60fps!
I did not activate the speedhacks but in GSdx settings , I did put the extra rendering threads to 8 , I've gained for around 20-25 fps directly!

[Image: rjoxw2.png]
My specs atm :
(11-24-2013, 07:04 PM)God601 Wrote: yea maybe but still... champions : return to arms is the most demanding game as I saw on my PC... runs about 35-40 fps...

Finaly! I found a method to get Champion : Return to Arms , to runs at 55-60fps!
I did not activate the speedhacks but in GSdx settings , I did put the extra rendering threads to 8 , I've gained for around 20-25 fps directly!

You know those extra rendering threads only apply in software mode, don't you?

And there is no reason to have the recommended speedhacks off. They are recommended for a reason.

And about Xenosaga, Xeon processors have absolutely ridiculous single threaded performance. Only the new haswell chips really compare.

And, none of the screenshots you are showing are where I have slowdown in that game, either.

And lastly, "I was using the MSAA at 16x , AA1 activated and 5x native and still 60 fps without speedhacks..."

MSAA and multiples of native affect the GPU, not CPU, AA1 would affect the CPU only in software mode.
Yes i know they only applies to software since Champion : Return to Arms only works on software mode , the hardware mode split the screen in 2 =.=

Also , my CPU is a Xeon E5-2643 but it's a ES (Engineering Sample) that runs alike a i7 extreme but without the unlocked multiplier.

Once I was going to the first portal to get the the second stage , the game did a crash... dunno why though.
The only thing I can say was this :
Code:
disabled
GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled
And same for about 11000 lines... =.=

For Xenosaga , where are your slowdowns exactly that I could try it?
Ah... I found 1 slowdown , it was when the staff was beating his members at the beggining. I had around 50 FPS

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 198,05 KB / Downloads: 329)
My specs atm :
Xenosaga is widely recognized to be CPU-intensive. It stays, lol.