[LIST] The Most CPU-Intensive Games
Dynasty Warriors 4 is demanding? I get full speed on it, except sometimes at an enemy main camp when officers/everyone has mobbed in one place it sometimes drops from 50(I'm PAL) to 40 fps. I wouldn't exactly call my CPU a powerhouse @ 1.73Ghz
<REDACTED>

Sponsored links

Your sig says that chip turbo's up to 2.93, which for a relatively modern i7 would be good for most games. All of the Koei Warriors games run at fullspeed easily when there aren't a lot of enemies on screen -- however when lots of enemies appear (which is like 90% of the entire gameplay, lol) the games are known to become quickly EE-bottlenecked. This was never fixed on the PS2-era engine of the games and the games slowed down even on the actual PS2 and Xbox systems they ran on back then.
Shaun White Snowboarding

Hardware Rendering doesn't work properly and in Software Mode with 3 cores dedicated to it and the i7 pushed to 4Ghz, i had to turn EE Cyclerate to 3 to get full 60fps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
(11-25-2013, 01:25 AM)NarooN Wrote: Your sig says that chip turbo's up to 2.93, which for a relatively modern i7 would be good for most games.

That maximum turbo of 2.93 only happens when running a single-threaded application. Running Pcsx2 on a single thread on this CPU... guess I could try it but I'm not sure it will pull it off as well as using MTVU for 3/4 threads @1.73

(11-25-2013, 01:25 AM)NarooN Wrote: the games are known to become quickly EE-bottlenecked. This was never fixed on the PS2-era engine of the games and the games slowed down even on the actual PS2 and Xbox systems they ran on back then.

Yeah it happens less and more on different maps, the Nanman province was usually among the worst in most the DW titles for it.
<REDACTED>
Soul Calibur 3 definitely needs to be here. On my system I usually hover around 57 FPS with EE at 99% and GS at 85%
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
**OFFICIAL REPORT**
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

SPECS ARE IN SIGNATURE!

PCSX2 @ 1.1.0.5766
GSDX @ 5764 w/SSE2
Rendering @ DirectX11
GSDX Resolution @ 3x

Baseline Game: Final Fantasy XII IZJS (5-35% Usage)
--ID SLPM_667.50;1 (NTSC-J; English Patched)
--Game CRC = 0x1E7A88A7

CPU-Intensive: Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
CPU: (35-90% Usage)
EE: (65-99% Usage)
--ID SLUS_214.52;1 (NTSC-UNDUB)
--Game CRC = 0xCC96CE93

**EXTRA INFO**
More details and information used from this post on the PCSX2 wiki.
(12-06-2013, 12:24 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: Interesting list, thank you for keeping it!
I'm surprised that Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria isn't listed here for both CPU and GPU-intensive game.

It is one of those 'infamously hard to emulate' games that requires a beast of a computer to even get playable framerates.

That being said, it might help to add it to the list. If you don't have at least a high-end computer, then it will cause massive issues and slowdown throughout the game. This applies to both CPU and GPU. I'd prefer not to cross-post a duplicate in that thread as well but it is up to you. Smile

More details and information used from this post on the PCSX2 wiki.

I'm going to be posting in the compatibility thread for this game since at least the newest SVN version (v5765) that I'm using has shown a drastic improvement in speed/quality compared to previous times. I'm also going to ask them to implement specific additions to the GameDatabase for this game.

I get 60fps most the time with a random battle/boss fight here and there that drop to 50 ish.

I7 920@stock + 660gtx MTVU helps a great deal out with this game
(12-06-2013, 01:47 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: MTVU helps a great deal out with this game

Cool, i thought MTVU didn't work with this game, turns out it does ;p Quite well too, at least once you ignore the assert error that comes up while its loading.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-06-2013, 02:03 AM)refraction Wrote: Cool, i thought MTVU didn't work with this game, turns out it does ;p Quite well too, at least once you ignore the assert error that comes up while its loading.

oh it works great improves frame rate while lower EE/VU usage. IT actual one the few game I have that i actual see nice improvements for. But then I general have MTVU as it improves most the fps game I played in some way.

DQ8 all the Xenosaga games FFX/FF12 BOF5 all of the benfit from it. VP2 i seem the most benefits with ZOE games are another story they run bad regardless
(12-06-2013, 02:08 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: DQ8 all the Xenosaga games FFX/FF12 BOF5 all of the benfit from it. VP2 i seem the most benefits with ZOE games are another story they run bad regardless

you should report that here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...-with-MTVU
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]