[LIST] The Most CPU-Intensive Games
Adding the aforementioned titles to the list.

Also gonna add Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. Tried it about a week ago, the game has tons of issues in HW mode (no sky, missing textures, etc.) and not only that, seems to run much MUCH slower than SW mode does. SW mode is quite intensive (my CPU isn't beast by any means, but I was getting about 30fps with extra rendering threads set to 3) but the game no longer has any of the issues present in HW mode.

I think Mercs should be considered GPU/GS-heavy as well. It was choking really heavily, though it seems that game has been running like crap for ages now on PCSX2. Uses the same/similar engine as SWBF2, which also has the missing sky/textures issue in HW mode (but the game is actually playable just fine in HW mode if you can get over the black skybox, lol, unlike Mercs.)

Sponsored links

(12-05-2013, 06:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Soul Calibur 3 definitely needs to be here. On my system I usually hover around 57 FPS with EE at 99% and GS at 85%

(12-08-2013, 02:48 AM)NarooN Wrote: Adding the aforementioned titles to the list.

Y U NO ADD?!

Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Lmao whoops, somehow I forgot to add that one, even though I was thinking about it when I made the edit! Laugh
You can also add: ATV OFF ROAD FURY 3

Even at 4.4Ghz the fps drop to 38-45 when there are a lot of drivers on screen.

It is not a GPU problem because changing from 3x to Native didn't change anything (my 7870 reaches 75-80% max in the most intense scenes).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I used to have that game. Still got the second one, always thought it was better than 3 and 4. Added.
Naroon, I updated my post to better reflect a more proper report. You can link it in your main list if you like Smile
Updated. Wink
I just mentioned Armored Core: Last Raven on the GPU thread. My cpu even at my listed spec can't emulate it at full speed in native resolution...even in the menus!
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Holy hell... Adding now.
Added Killzone (can't believe I missed it after so long!)

Game is incredibly CPU-heavy. There is a full-screen post-processing effect that the devs used which is really intensive to emulate. Best way to get a massive speed-up is to enable HW Hacks in the gsdx plugin config, and enable the Alpha Hack and set Skipdraw to 2~4 (2 works best.) I get close to full-speed consistently on my current CPU after that. MTVU seems to help a little with the fps as well. EE Cyclerate gives a few extra frames, but I tend to leave it off.

Don't enable res scaling until after you get to the main menu -- otherwise you'll get very low fps during the opening credits, lol.