Lag, CDVD, and settings error?
Hey there, brand new to PCSX2 and PS2 emulating, and I'm having some problems. Settings and specs are below.

1. The first is a lag problem - my brand new gaming laptop runs Soul Caliber 2 (physical disk) at around 30fps, 30-40fps with speed hacks on. I've monkeyed with the settings a lot, but nothing seems to work. I have to have it on native because otherwise the game has these strange lines through it. There is also artifacting at times. I'm going to assume this lag problem is what causes the slow down of the sound, as well as the electric sounding distortion on the sound.

2. The second problem is with loading ISO files. I can load actual PS2 disks just fine, as I mentioned above, but when I try to load an ISO I get an error that says "CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.(thread:EE Core)"

3. The third problem is minor, in the form of the errors - "[wx] Failed to copy the file 'D:\Games\Emulators\PCSX2 0.9.7\inis\pcs4AA2.tmp' to 'D:\Games\Emulators\PCSX2 0.9.7\inis\pcsx2.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] can't commit changes to file 'D:\Games\Emulators\PCSX2 0.9.7\inis\pcsx2.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file."

Specs:
-Windows 7 Professional x64
-Nvidia 360M Graphics Card
-Intel i7 760QM (1.6GHz)
-6GB RAM

Thanks ahead of time!

Sponsored links

1) Soul Calibur 2 is one of the most demanding games, I barely get full speed with my Core 2 Duo @ 3,6 Ghz so the speed you get is probably right. You could try a software renderer on GSdx and set 6 software threads but I don't think that will help much. Even if you have i7 PCSX2 mainly cares about raw speed and 1.6 Ghz just won't cut it for most games.

2) I guess you're mounting the ISO files to some program like daemon tools and you really shouldn't. The ISO file must not be used by any other program when you try running it with the internal ISO loader. Then it will work fine.

3) Not really minor, the emulator is not saving any of your settings....you should install it on a folder you have write permissions like my documents and / or run it as administrator
[Image: newsig.jpg]