Lag - FPS Drops
Hi guys, this is my first post here. I love PCSX2 thanks for such amazing piece of software.

Most of the time I play well, but there are certain textures or effects that while they re active make my pc go slow.

For example explosions or smoke in MGS2, in Tony Hawk American Wasteland some areas I do not know if are the very bright ones or in GTA San Andreas (everything works amazing but when is fire it goes a bit slower)

I can play but makes the experience much worst!.

Some people talks about speed hacks(sorry im new) but in my version I do not see most of the settings people use in internet.
I installed Windows with bootcamp and played Apex Legends pretty well so I thought this games with less requirements would have work better.

My version is: NIGHTLY 1.7.4410 I did not use the recent update because it was corrupting my game saves.

My computer SPECS: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
                               Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
                               8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

(Attached some screenshots)

Thanks for your time guys, I just would like to know some good settings and if I should install plugins or speed hacks.
God bless

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

1 - i usggest you update. you are 50 versions late
2 - "and played Apex Legends pretty well so I thought this games with less requirements would have work better."->wrong.it will have more requirements than apex legends
and 3 -
Quote:My computer SPECS: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
this is probably why.
get a suitable gpu and you'll be good. or play on your ps2 until you can afford a better machine
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-04-2023, 06:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - i usggest you update. you are 50 versions late
2 -  "and played Apex Legends pretty well so I thought this games with less requirements would have work better."->wrong.it will have more requirements than apex legends
and 3 -
this is probably why.
get a suitable gpu and you'll be good. or play on your ps2 until you can afford a better machine

Thanks for your help man. Either way, I thought a MacBook Pro from 2017 would be enough for playing PS2 games as I was playing them 15 years ago in a worst computer. Have a nice day buddy
(05-04-2023, 11:17 AM)Cutito Wrote: Thanks for your help man. Either way, I thought a MacBook Pro from 2017 would be enough for playing PS2 games as I was playing them 15 years ago in a worst computer. Have a nice day buddy

Actually, as pcsx2 evolves, it requires more raw power (because it's more accurate).
What you have to understand is that you don't *play* those games, you *emulate* them.
Emulating requires a lot more than playing games natively
(05-04-2023, 11:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Actually, as pcsx2 evolves, it requires more raw power (because it's more accurate).
What you have to understand is that you don't *play* those games, you *emulate* them.
Emulating requires a lot more than playing games natively

Mr Jesalvein I would like to kindly request a bit of information(thanks a lot for your patience)
1.7.4410  is my version when I update to the newest all my save files are corrupted.

Do you advice me:

1 Finish current games and update when I am ready to start games from 0

2 If I save ingame (in the memory card) not with save files, should be compatible?

3 neither of those.

Thanks again buddy take care
As the warning tells you when updating yes.

Use memcard saves. Savestates will break
(05-04-2023, 07:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: As the warning tells you when updating yes.

Use memcard saves. Savestates will break

CHAMP

I do not get why some people hates you,  you are helpful and patience.
Maybe you been too many years here and youre just tired of people complaining for bugs with 2gb of ram etc.

good night brother
Quote:"I do not get why some people hates you" ?

really ?
well… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯