Lag Spikes on all Games, worsens over time?
Thanks tsu, but can't see "max performance" option under this. Screenie:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(07-26-2013, 10:41 PM)stigzler Wrote: Thanks tsu, but can't see "max performance" option under this. Screenie:

old GPU or drivers. I know my old 9800gt didnt have it and i not sure what gen started using it cause I skipped from 9800gt to 450GTS which where I first starting seeing the option.

Unless you know for fact your GPU is being downclock in pcsx2, ( use evga precision or MSI AB with OSD setup to show in game) it should not matter. and if you have older card or card that dont support it and or drivers it wont mater
stigzler get your own thread please.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Oh. My apologies, refraction, but my problem is exactly the same as 2enty3's. Hence why I chose to post in here. Was this the wrong thing to do? Thought it would save same potential solution being posted in two separate threads.
I've had the same problem with my laptop despite my very low GPU I too had lag spikes even with very easy to emulate games but my fan did stop working for a while before randomly deciding to work again and i was getting heavy frame drops during the time period of my fan breaking so I would monitor the temperature of your CPU and GPU just incase.
Power options on windows control panel DOES trump speedstep. I'm running at 4ghz at all times, even at idle. There is no throttling at all ever, with my cpu.

So somewhere, I might have a faulty setting... I just don't know where to start troubleshooting.
So I just checked all my GS settings, and I have them all set on the "Safe" preset, and I'm still getting these..

Does anyone have a clue? It truly is random, and I can only guess that for that instant, the game uses a lot of resources, than drops back down to normal. Only problem being it happens during menus and load screens as well.
Check both the CPU and GPU for frequency drops. If the CPU is dropping, make sure the heatsink is dust-free and turn off Speedstep in BIOS, and if GPU is dropping, same thing for heatsink and try updating drivers
None of of my frequencies are dropping. My GPU was increasing during these random spikes, but that has been taken care of. I still don't know what causes this, and haven't been able to fix it myself.
You can try disabling all antivirus and firewall software, and disconnect from the internet, before you start playing games with PCSX2.

Windows, Java, Adobe, Apple/Quicktime, and other apps, routinely phone home, to check for updates, when you have a live internet connection.
Usually it's unnoticeable, unless a bunch of them try phoning home at the same time.
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<