Lag spikes on almost every game
So, apparently the lag spikes i've been having is not limited to only one game (Burnout 3), it is on every game i play now. Tried messing around with the configuration but no luck.

Specs:

AMD Athlon Silver PRO 3125GE @3.40GHz
Integrated GPU
16GB RAM

PCSX2 v1.7 nightly build

Sponsored links

Pretty sure your CPU isn't powerful enough to run 1.7 at full speeds. Sorry. You could try 1.6 as it's less accurate for emulation but has somewhat less demanding hardware requirements.

You should also definitely make sure your integrated graphics card drivers are up to date (from manufacturer's website).
(08-01-2023, 05:29 AM)MrWizard Wrote: Pretty sure your CPU isn't powerful enough to run 1.7 at full speeds. Sorry. You could try 1.6 as it's less accurate for emulation but has somewhat less demanding hardware requirements.

You should also definitely make sure your integrated graphics card drivers are up to date (from manufacturer's website).

Sure, i'll try it. The weird thing is that everything runs pretty fine, it's only the lag spikes that are a nail biter.
We are probably going to drop requirements in the future as everything runs and looks better in the nightly version compared to any stable ever made.

But maybe try enabling MTVU (Locating in Global settings > Emulation > Enable Multithreaded VU 1 (MTVU)

Score for CPU is also okayish
AMD Athlon Silver PRO 3125GE
2074 (Lightweight games)

My main concern is that it's an 1: Integrated AMD GPU, which at the moment we don't have 2: ROV implemented, there is a PR for it that will drastically increase experience for quite some people. 3: Last resort is to get a better computer, but you can try the first one, wait till 2 is done or if you don't want to wait is better specs. Making sure that you have a high performance powerplan that is also always plugged in or otherwise it's battery mode enforced by the computer.