Laggy and stutter, new to this
Hi there everyone! I am new to whole of this and I want to say first that this emulator thing is miraculous, after I got my old baby (PS2) wrecked and felt really sad with all my childhood up on it, found now after several years, this thingy.

So let's get to the issue, I managed to run the sweet ot Kingdom Hearts 2 FM on it but I have some technical issues I experienced with other games too (such as Tekken Tag Team Tournament, and DBZ:BT3).

It seems there is a stuttering noise when ever there is a cutscene in the KH2 game. Also, the ingame is quite laggy, while noticing a 60 FPS after I activated the 6x native thingy.

Hope you can help me configure the Pcx2 1.2.1 emulator so it will suit me the best!

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Athlon II x3 425
ATI Radeon 5770 HD
4GB RAM

Sorry if I missed anything, and thank you for the help from advance!

Sponsored links

there isn't a whole lot that you can do. you can try messing with speedhacks, but cpu isn't going to cut it for those games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-11-2014, 01:43 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: there isn't a whole lot that you can do. you can try messing with speedhacks, but cpu isn't going to cut it for those games.

Is that really it? Because this CPU is more than enough for these days game, and I never encountered any problem with it.
So talking about an old game from PS2 that was released 10 years ago that can't make through my CPU making it sounds... wierd.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.
(07-11-2014, 01:48 AM)xxxlr1 Wrote: Is that really it? Because this CPU is more than enough for these days game, and I never encountered any problem with it.
So talking about an old game from PS2 that was released 10 years ago that can't make through my CPU making it sounds... wierd.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Native PC games and emulation aren't even close to being similar. Emulating the ps2 is a hell of a task and requires a fast cpu. The games other than Tekken aren't too hard to run, but they still require a much faster cpu than you have.

Also modern games like Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, or Watch Dogs need a faster cpu than you have too.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-11-2014, 01:51 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Native PC games and emulation aren't even close to being similar. Emulating the ps2 is a hell of a task and requires a fast cpu. The games other than Tekken aren't too hard to run, but they still require a much faster cpu than you have.

Also modern games like Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, or Watch Dogs need a faster cpu than you have too.

Ok, Got it..
So is there anything else to do? It DID run the game and I AM able to play it, is there anything I can make to adjust it even so? or the sound stutter problen is related to the cpu?

edit:
I noticed I didn't write the specs right
CPU is AMD Athlon II x3 425 2.something GHz
(07-11-2014, 02:00 AM)xxxlr1 Wrote: Ok, Got it..
So is there anything else to do? It DID run the game and I AM able to play it, is there anything I can make to adjust it even so? or the sound stutter problen is related to the cpu?

if really desperate to get it to work can try guide in my sig, it might help but dont expect miracles.
sound stuttering is related to the slowdown since sound is coupled to fps. You can use async mix in SPU2-X plugin settings as output instead of timestretch. This might reduce the stuttering suffiently.

6xnative is probably also not helping. Most of the time you will not see large improvements above 3xnative. So just keep it at this value or even lower.

activate all recommended speedhacks. You can also play with the preset slider and set it to one of the first levels (higher levels will slow you down again)
As you have a triple core CPU, the MTVU speedhack may benefit you greatly, i suggest trying that before messing with the sliders.

But definitely put the recommended speedhacks on.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The game works just fine as it was.. infact i just played the last three hours on it..
And now im super pissed of, because for somereason when I press the ESC button on my keyboard it exists the whole game Sad !
I only wanted to go from full screen mode !!
Thats bummer now i have to start again my fking 3 hours progress!!!

Is there a way to change those "shorcut" keys???
(07-11-2014, 08:35 AM)xxxlr1 Wrote: The game works just fine as it was.. infact i just played the last three hours on it..
And now im super pissed of, because for somereason when I press the ESC button on my keyboard it exists the whole game Sad !
I only wanted to go from full screen mode !!
Thats bummer now i have to start again my fking 3 hours progress!!!

Is there a way to change those "shorcut" keys???

https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4917
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go