Language / Time Zone Setting Probs
Hi,

sorry for my english if there are errors, it's not my motherlanguage.
Im not sure if im right here, but i hope so. I was find nothing with search, or i searched wrong:

Ive installed the emu at my Ubuntu LTS 14.04 (64 bit), originally DVDs are recognized, but i can not start, it looks like PS2 settings will not work correct: at start i should choose my language, there i can only press left (LEFT) to change, but not right (RIGHT). I can jump to the second point by pressing X. Then the next error occurs, the time zone is moving allways to left, looks like im pressing Right. Pressing RIGHT, then nothing happens like b4, pressing LEFT, then the time zone scrolls to right. Nothing happens at pressing X, so im captured at this point.

This looks like malfunctions at the PS2 setup. Can i write an setup and save it, to skip this point? Because on my real PS2, i also need only once to do this, and will never asked again for it.

Greets Turoy

Sponsored links

Delete the onepad.ini fileand try to reset your controller settings. Or go and simply clear out your old control settings. make sure you have the analog light on if you're using a ps2 controller during sending your new controller settings.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Hi,

thx. I have an PS2 like low price USB Pad, i will try it and write again here.

Greets Turoy
Hi,

thx, it has worked with an new pad config. Many thx for helping!

Now i need to look how the emu can work with original DVDs, and how i can make ISOs form my existing game DVDs.
Glad that helped. For making an iso, you can use Acetone typically available in a distro's repositories. Or download ImgBurn for Windows and run it in Wine. Both work well.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Hi,

i could not manage it to use the original DVDs, but Brasero is with Ubuntu, and it worked fine to make ISOs and using them.

/offtopic
I wonder what power the PS2 must have, for the video sequences, sometimes the emu can not run them at 100%, also the gameplay sometimes lag an little. And that on an i7 with 2500 MHz; but only very little lag, it's playable in all.

Greets Turoy