Laptop Equivalent of Desktop Requirements?
Hey there everyone!
I was wondering if someone might be able to give me information on whether a certain laptop would be able to achieve the same (or perhaps better) performance as a certain desktop... (sorry for the confusing wording; couldn't figure out a better way to word it XP)

The Laptop:
CPU: Intel Core2Duo X9100 @ 3.06 GHz, FSB 1066 MHz, 6 MB Cache (OC'd to ~3.2 GHz, perhaps?)
GPU: GeForce 9800M GS
RAM: 4 GB

The Desktop:
CPU: AMD x2 5000+ @ 2.6 GHz
GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS
RAM: 4 GB

Now I realize that overclocking a laptop isn't such a hot idea due to overheating issues, but is it really so big of a problem that one should ABSOLUTELY not oc the cpu? After all, the laptop does come with an Core2Duo Extreme processor, so it seems kinda pointless to not make use of the unlocked multiplier... The main reason I'm posting this thread is because I REALLY want to play Gundam Rengou vs. ZAFT II Plus, and I saw a youtube video of someone running this game at nearly full speed with the specified desktop specs. Yeah, getting a laptop for the sole purpose of running PCSX2 isn't smart, but I was going to get a laptop pretty soon anyway and I figure that $2000 for those laptop specs isn't such a bad deal Laugh Thanks for your input!

Sponsored links

That's a pretty damn good laptop overall, I'd say.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
That laptop will far out-do that desktop, you wont need to overclock it for max speeds(does depend on the game though).
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
That laptop without OC will be far better than that desktop. The Intel C2D family of processors are known to permorm much betther than AMD ones, so you got points there. That specific C2D supports SSE 4.1. The AMD desktop doesn't so yes, even outside PCSX2 I think that laptop is very very good
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7