Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop suggestions.
Hey guys! Well, recently I've thought of buying a laptop, something in the ~400$ range, and i wanted to ask as what would be the best to buy, and also link too. Well, the laptop will mostly be for MS Office Work, Photoshop, general stuff like that, but if possible I also wanna have some light pc gaming, don't really care if i put settings low or high. i wanna try some of the new games, even tho any grafx quality can do. So, what do you suggest?
[Image: signaturel.jpg]

Sponsored links

No laptop at that price point would be a good PCSX2 performer. Even the expensive core i7 stuff is rather unsuited
with their wacky turbo and power saving features.
No laptop runs pcsx2 at stable 60fps period unless you get like a GTX 380M graphic card with it, and i7 extreme mobile versions.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
...Or use speedhacks. My 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo T6600 laptop runs most games fine with perfectly playable fps with speedhacks. This includes Jak 3, Ratchet & Clank 3, Rayman 3, Crash Nitro Kart, FFX, Serious Sam: The Next Encounter...pretty much anything I've tried so far has run fine after a bit of experimenting with speedhacks, I don't see why you need a computer that costs a hundred thousand euros when you can get the same speeds with much less money wasted.
i didn't even say i wanted to play pcsx2... Tongue
just pc games at low grafx...
Well, it made sense to assume you wanted to do some PCSX2 gaming on it, considering you posted this HERE Tongue2

Even for light gaming you should try and aim for a dedicated GPU.
I don't know if you can have one with your budget though.
(08-11-2010, 05:39 PM)rama Wrote: Well, it made sense to assume you wanted to do some PCSX2 gaming on it, considering you posted this HERE Tongue2

Even for light gaming you should try and aim for a dedicated GPU.
I don't know if you can have one with your budget though.

yeah, but we're in the off-topic section/hardware section which doesn't neccesarily mean i wanna go pcsx2 hard-core-ish lol
and yeah i know it's pretty hard to find a laptop like that, and that's why i asked, maybe you guys here could possibly know any, but i guess i tried, i'll see if i get any other responses tho :/
(08-10-2010, 02:19 PM)Finzy Wrote: ...Or use speedhacks. My 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo T6600 laptop runs most games fine with perfectly playable fps with speedhacks. This includes Jak 3, Ratchet & Clank 3, Rayman 3, Crash Nitro Kart, FFX, Serious Sam: The Next Encounter...pretty much anything I've tried so far has run fine after a bit of experimenting with speedhacks, I don't see why you need a computer that costs a hundred thousand euros when you can get the same speeds with much less money wasted.

what's you grafx card specs?
One of my laptops has a single core AMD with an HD 4200. It was like $400 at Walmart. I gave FFX a try on it and was surprised to see 40-50fps. A bit laggy, but acceptable for playing. I'm certain with a 2.0Ghz+ Core 2 Duo, an HD 4200 would be your best bet in the price range. I know I don't need to tell you to use Native" resolution, GundamQuatro, but I'll still mention for the sake of others. Smile

Aside from PCSX2, said laptop isn't too bad for PC games. I could actually play GTA4 on it. Just barely, of course, and not that it's good for it. Just an example of what an HD 4200 can do with a single core.

BTW - You do not need a 360M for a stable 60fps, especially on "Native". A GT 230M can do that with ease. A Core i7 isn't entirely necessary, either. A large majority of the Playable games can run at good to full speed with a Core 2 Duo at 3.0Ghz (or sometimes less).
(08-12-2010, 08:35 AM)Rezard Wrote: One of my laptops has a single core AMD with an HD 4200. It was like $400 at Walmart. I gave FFX a try on it and was surprised to see 40-50fps. A bit laggy, but acceptable for playing. I'm certain with a 2.0Ghz+ Core 2 Duo, an HD 4200 would be your best bet in the price range. I know I don't need to tell you to use Native" resolution, GundamQuatro, but I'll still mention for the sake of others. Smile

Aside from PCSX2, said laptop isn't too bad for PC games. I could actually play GTA4 on it. Just barely, of course, and not that it's good for it. Just an example of what an HD 4200 can do with a single core.

BTW - You do not need a 360M for a stable 60fps, especially on "Native". A GT 230M can do that with ease. A Core i7 isn't entirely necessary, either. A large majority of the Playable games can run at good to full speed with a Core 2 Duo at 3.0Ghz (or sometimes less).

thank you for the reply rez Wink and yeah when it comes to low-end+pcsx2, i know what to do, but when it comes to onboard+single core, i'm totally lost...i can't imagine running any new games on it...i've seen many laptops with the T4400 coupled with 4500M HD, but i'm afraid new pc games won't like the taste of intel grafx :/

BIG EDIT: WOW!!! looky here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...834115787R only $400
AMD P320 2.1Ghz+Radeon HD4250+4GB RAM
The only bad thing seems battery life, about 3 and a half hours.
I'm only a bit scared cuz it's open box, is that bad or anything? what isn't included in OB products? i've never bought open box products :/
I think OB is just when a customer has already opened something, but insists on returning it. I would think that everything is checked and included. Just speculating, but I pretty sure.