Poll: Which?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Laptop
47.06%
8 47.06%
Desktop
52.94%
9 52.94%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Laptops and Pcsx2
(03-25-2012, 01:42 PM)omnikam Wrote: @StriFe79 Thats true, although the laptop i have is still preforms quite well running on battery. I suppose it just comes down to function and personal preference. I dont think laptops perform better than any decent desktops by any means, but i personally prefer my laptop. When i stay at friends ill set it up beside the bed and watch a movie , plus i like my room to be very Zen, and the laptop takes up very little space.
Im guessing this isnt a competition on who has the best spec`s? desktop for you laptop for me, it all good

Wow, after the first post, I didn't think this thread would get much
attention. Anyway, what kind of battery life does your laptop have when
playing games as well as doing things that don't require much load? Does
it have a 'dedicated' graphics card? If it does, I'd assume that the battery
life would be fairly low.

Overheating in laptops can be a serious problem, as I have a laptop, and
it runs at ~85C. The best thing I can say for anyone that has a cooling
problem is, use a table rather than your lap (as such, companies are calling
them notebooks, because they got tired of being sued, read that in a article
somewhere). Or, just get something to put under it, to that the laptop isn't
burning you.

Someone also mentioned LANCases, those aren't that useful. As many parts
currently in the market wouldn't fit. Especially if you have a long graphics
card, or have two in sli/crossfire.

Sponsored links

the tablet I've got is a WM8650 Chip. So a Chinese Garbage Clone lol. It was only 99 Euro's I so want the Archos G9 or Samsung Galaxy Tab. I Never want to have the garbage Apple sells Tongue
(03-25-2012, 02:50 PM)kittenstranger Wrote: ... Does it have a 'dedicated' graphics card? If it does, I'd assume that the battery life would be fairly low.

I thought 3-5 hours was pretty decent, really.

Maybe it doesn't quite compare to modern technology,
but for hardware from before 2010...

(03-25-2012, 02:50 PM)kittenstranger Wrote: Overheating in laptops can be a serious problem, as I have a laptop, and
it runs at ~85C. ...

... And you don't think there's a reason they let them out of the factory like that...? Tongue

Mine would do that before,
but tops out at ~66c after I trimmed the excess voltage.

Again-- Does not quite compare to what's now modern,
or especially to what's just a few months away.

(03-25-2012, 02:50 PM)kittenstranger Wrote: Someone also mentioned LANCases, those aren't that useful. As many parts
currently in the market wouldn't fit. Especially if you have a long graphics
card, or have two in sli/crossfire.

What about water-cooling?
You know-- that other necessity... Rolleyes
there are some good LANCases from Shuttle, where actually a 69xx card will fit in it Smile They look quite small, but the inside is actually quite spacey Smile
(03-25-2012, 02:50 PM)kittenstranger Wrote: battery life ... 'dedicated' graphics card ... overheating ... lan cases

dedicated graphics card. 6 cell battery. i guess this' standard.

low set and browsing: 2 - 2.5 hours. lots of videos ~1.5 hours.
low set and gaming: up to 1.5 hours fully shadered at ol' cellphone quality (848x480). 3x800Mhz. gpu at 300/500.
high performance and gaming: below or max 1 hour.

max temperature: 75-80° C on performance. 60-65° C on low or balanced.

there: lan case 1 arm, monitor other arm. peripherals in the bag. now how that looks?

laptop + charger in the bag . and you still have 2 hands to grab some butt. Biggrin

No No Xstyla, LANCases doesn't have ARM CPU's Smile they have an Intel or AMD in them not even a slow one. They're fullblown PCs only in a smaller case.
i5-2410m @2.9 GHz, GeFroce 540m oced to 800MHz core, 960MHz Memory, 1600MHz shader, 6 cell bat, runs FF-XII for 2 hours, 2nd HDD bay (gonna get me a 30GB SSD boot drive soon) DDR3 @1600 MHz RAM, i know it's not the best Laptop, being last years model, but it's surpassed everything i thought it would and made me think twice about Desktop superiority in this day and age+^_^+ (the gap is shrinking!!) +^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
(03-25-2012, 07:50 PM)ChikTikka Wrote: i5-2410m @2.9 GHz, GeFroce 540m oced to 800MHz core, 960MHz Memory, 1600MHz shader, 6 cell bat, runs FF-XII for 2 hours, 2nd HDD bay (gonna get me a 30GB SSD boot drive soon) DDR3 @1600 MHz RAM, i know it's not the best Laptop, being last years model, but it's surpassed everything i thought it would and made me think twice about Desktop superiority in this day and age+^_^+ (the gap is shrinking!!) +^_^+

What's the net weight and dimensions on that? Seems like a lot of a 'carry
on.'

---

(03-25-2012, 07:32 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: No No Xstyla, LANCases doesn't have ARM CPU's Smile they have an Intel or AMD in them not even a slow one. They're fullblown PCs only in a smaller case.

And due to the smaller case, suffers from the heating problems of
laptops. Many desktop components can't stand a consistent temperature
of 85 C, and will automatically shut-down at 90 to 95. While laptop parts
are usually built with the higher temps in mind (usually, not always =-\).

---

Anyone other than me find purple hard on the eyes?
(03-25-2012, 07:32 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: No No Xstyla, LANCases doesn't have ARM CPU's Smile they have an Intel or AMD in them not even a slow one. They're fullblown PCs only in a smaller case.

lol, can't tell if joke or serious.
naoan dude I said this 1 or 2 years back pc's are my biggest hobby for over 18 years now and a friend has such a case where he just can run games normally like any desktop and his temp is around 40-50ish. Also I asked u this before, stop friggin' give a negative remark on EVERYTHING I type. It's starting to irritate me. So I rather have it that u won't type towards me if u have anything negative to say.