Lbierty City Stories goes very slow with normal FPS
Hi guys! Sorry in advance for my <french>, I'm Russian Smile

So, here are the specs of my PC:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 2.11 Mhz
VGA: Radeon HD 5770 1Gb
RAM: 4 Gb DDR3 800Mhz
PCSX2 Build: r5350

The problem: LCS starts perfectly without any black screens or else, average FPS is about 50-60 frames at all time (cutscenes and the main gameplay). But... Game runs slooower than must. As like there is a FPS Limiter turned on. In this case it feels that i'm running the game on approx. 30 FPS.

GS config:
Renderer - Direct3D11 Hard
Interlacing - Auto
Resolution - Native
Texture filtering - "half-checked" (square instead of "v" mark)
Allow 8-bit textures - Yes

SPU2 Config:
Interpolation - 4
Module - 1
Synchronizing Mode - Timestretch

Speedhacks:
EE Cyclerate - level 3
VU Cycle Stealing - level 3
MTVU is checked on

Any suggestions on how to help? There are no anymore sources that I can rely on.

Sponsored links

(05-29-2013, 10:40 PM)Dance4Life Wrote: Hi guys! Sorry in advance for my <french>, I'm Russian Smile

So, here are the specs of my PC:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 2.11 Mhz
VGA: Radeon HD 5770 1Gb
RAM: 4 Gb DDR3 800Mhz
PCSX2 Build: r5350

The problem: LCS starts perfectly without any black screens or else, average FPS is about 50-60 frames at all time (cutscenes and the main gameplay). But... Game runs slooower than must. As like there is a FPS Limiter turned on. In this case it feels that i'm running the game on approx. 30 FPS.

GS config:
Renderer - Direct3D11 Hard
Interlacing - Auto
Resolution - Native
Texture filtering - "half-checked" (square instead of "v" mark)
Allow 8-bit textures - Yes

SPU2 Config:
Interpolation - 4
Module - 1
Synchronizing Mode - Timestretch

Speedhacks:
EE Cyclerate - level 3
VU Cycle Stealing - level 3
MTVU is checked on

Any suggestions on how to help? There are no anymore sources that I can rely on.

I dunno if this will apply but I have heard that speed hacks will give you false fps did you try turning them off or atleast lowering them? Edit... Didn't notice your spec but that is a little to slow for emulation
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
(05-29-2013, 10:42 PM)Fayt756 Wrote: I dunno if this will apply but I have heard that speed hacks will give you false fps did you try turning them off or atleast lowering them? Edit... Didn't notice your spec but that is a little to slow for emulation

With speedhacks turned off (only MTVU checked) I have average 20 FPS. If I look on empty field (ex. looking at the horizon at start) the FPS inreases to 50. So I can do nothing with this slowmotion at these spec?
(05-29-2013, 10:54 PM)Dance4Life Wrote: With speedhacks turned off (only MTVU checked) I have average 20 FPS. If I look on empty field (ex. looking at the horizon at start) the FPS inreases to 50. So I can do nothing with this slowmotion at these spec?

Try ticking speedhacks up one at a time and see if that helps.. native resolution and 8 bit textures might help I don't know about that game but in some games it can help
BTW, on PSP emulator game works pretty fine, but there are no sound in cutscenes and the sound is bad at all...
(05-29-2013, 11:05 PM)Dance4Life Wrote: BTW, on PSP emulator game works pretty fine, but there are no sound in cutscenes and the sound is bad at all...

PSP is alot less intensive then the Ps2 compare the graphics and what not Laugh
A few problems here:

1) Your CPU is inadequate. The Phenom II chips are nice, but it's only at 2.11GHz (I noticed you put Mhz LOL)... I dunno much about the limits of of the Rana tri-cores, but it should be able to OC fairly easily to 3.4Ghz or so.

2) LCS is a fairly demanding game. It needs a fast CPU to get decent FPS. This game in particular has an unoptimized engine I guess, because it had slowdowns even on the PS2.

3) Using high EE and VU cycle stealing will give you false fps readings sometimes. The game does slowdown at 60fps sometimes (which means it would also slowdown on the PS2 itself) but there's no way you'd get fullspeed with that CPU.
(05-29-2013, 11:33 PM)NarooN Wrote: but it should be able to OC fairly easily to 3.4Ghz or so.
Ok, thanks, i'll try that
(05-29-2013, 11:33 PM)NarooN Wrote: but there's no way you'd get fullspeed with that CPU.
Even if I make it ~3.0 Ghz?
I don't think it's possible to get fullspeed (consistently) unless you have a very high overclock (4.0ghz and above). On my CPU (in the sig) I got 60 most of the time, but I'd regularly see drops into the 45~50+ area depending on where I was. People with much better CPU's than me reported the same thing, so I think it's most an issue with the game's engine than anything else.
(05-30-2013, 01:59 AM)NarooN Wrote: I don't think it's possible to get fullspeed (consistently) unless you have a very high overclock (4.0ghz and above). On my CPU (in the sig) I got 60 most of the time, but I'd regularly see drops into the 45~50+ area depending on where I was. People with much better CPU's than me reported the same thing, so I think it's most an issue with the game's engine than anything else.

This... the game is very poorly optimized and runs (and looks) like crap even on a real PS2. It was a quick "cash in" port since the PSP version didn't sell as well as they were hoping it would.
[Image: 2748844.png]