Legaia 2 duel saga keeps freezing/crashing
Can somebody help fix my problem with legaia 2 crashing/freezing. When i enter a "battle sequence" (when the screen fades to black and back in) the game freezes/crashes on the black screen and i dont know why. ive tried pretty much every "fix" on forums all over and nothing seems to fix the problem.
My pc specs are
- AMD FX 8350
- AMD radeon 7950
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 1 TB hardrive
- 750w PSU
- asus m5a97 motherboard

Sponsored links

I love this game and know that it doesnt require any non-standard settings to work properly.

Are you using cheats?

Are you using savestates?

Have you tried redumping?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
Just a hunch, but this sounds like something that happened with me with some of my games. How I fixed it was to "untick" the MTVU speedhack under speedhacks in emulation settings.

While a good boost in some games, That speedhack causes certain games to freeze or hang or get a blank black screen in places.

While playing Wild Arms 3 or Alter code F for me if that speedhack is enabled I get the exact same result as you are with Legaia 2. If disabled it plays great.
i turned cheats on or off to see if things fixed. but no combination seemed to help.
I have used save states and regular saves in game either one still causes the issue.
And i have no idea what redumping is :/
MTVU is disabled already. Would posting pictures all of my settings help anything? :I
Redumping means to reburn your ps2 disc of legaia2 using a program such as imgburn and saving it onto your harddrive as an iso... this is done to rule out the possibility of you having a bad or corrupted iso.
Redumping seemed to work.You guys are awesome. From what i see it not freezing on that screen anymore! Cheers to a permanent fix and hopefully not temporary! Laugh
the reason is, bad dumps of the ISO can mostly cause TLB errors and hence the game will crash at a specific scene. redumping made the game to be dumped properly at it's original state.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Maybe did you use the savestates for testing if the cheats were bad. If that's the case, the states keep the cheats active. Can you test from your regular save without cheats ?
Games finished
Metal Saga
Rogue Galaxy
Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3 - The Grand Phantasm
Tales of the Abyss
(03-26-2015, 03:03 PM)Shura Wrote: Maybe did you use the savestates for testing if the cheats were bad. If that's the case, the states keep the cheats active. Can you test from your regular save without cheats ?

The OP solved his problem.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction