Let me whine a little (about fps)
Well, it makes this promising piece of software totally unusable for me. I've just stuck at the 45fps limit and can't reach any higher values without some REALLY nasty speedhacks and framedrops, which mutilate the game's graphic. NTSC games are complitely unplayable with its 60 fps requirement. And most ironic here is that I had exactly this limit a few years ago w. REALLY sh**ty hw-re, and yesterday with my previous PC (phenom x4 9850 2,5GHz, radeon hd4850), and now also, after I've upgraded to athlon II x4 3,3 Ghz, hd6850 and tried gsdx as well zeroGS (with zerogs it's only 30fps), and I use 32bit windows XP btw - exacltly NO! ONE! ADDITIONAL! FPS! NO ONE! It just this bedamned 45, give it or take it. And all of my 4 cores isn't even loaded to 50%! I even tried to overclock CPU and GPU a little - this barely showed a slight increase in fps (something like +3-5fps) Am I doing smthg wrong? Cause I'm kind of desperate now. I REALLY hoped to finally be able to play in Breath of Fire V, spent 450$ on new hw - and only to find out, that 450$ PC can't emulate 150$ console which is 10 years old, with a emulator, that have been in development for about - a 5 years or so? I just seem can't get it. What is wrong with this matter? Why even bother then? Just go and by 'kng console for 100$! Sorry! SORRY! YES I'M SORRY!

Sponsored links

This is what happen when you don't read the configuration guide.
(12-17-2011, 03:15 AM)tuanming Wrote: This is what happen when you don't read the configuration guide.

Well, even if haven't read it - and I've read it - for the last 4 days I tried I think every possible combination of checkboxes and radiobuttons in plugins options, with no significant result. What is it "configuration guied" I've missed, can you be so kind to point me to it?
http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
Quote:yesterday with my previous PC (phenom x4 9850 2,5GHz, radeon hd4850), and now also, after I've upgraded to athlon II x4 3,3 Ghz

Nice upgrade. From a quad-core 2.5 Ghz to another quad-core 3.3 Ghz in a lower brand (I am assuming they have the same architecture). Further upgrade to an AMD FX 8150 should help, because it has 8 cores @ 3.6 Ghz.

Has the seller not told you that before?
the gpu sure is nice. but the athlon isn't really an upgrade. those 3.3 Ghz are just a number. but not a good looking and fast architecture without L3.

how about OCing the phenom with a better cooler? might give better results than the athlon.

on the software side zeroGS is in no development and hasn't been any faster lately. use GSDX 10/11 for fastest results.

and *****... stop crying. Laugh
Upgrade to a real architecture (intels) then we'll talk. Quit making sidesteps with your CPU.

I5's are nice cpus and overclockable
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-17-2011, 03:26 AM)Livy Wrote: Nice upgrade. From a quad-core 2.5 Ghz to another quad-core 3.3 Ghz. Further upgrade to an AMD FX 8150 should help, because it has 8 cores @ 3.6 Ghz.

Have you not been told that before?

Well, I understand this (the reason of upgrade was overheating problem with old mobo), but still:
1) Even these 4 cores aren't loaded to full capacity - emulator process takes only around 50% of CPU time
2) Athlon II X4 is in the RECOMMENDED CPU list of the project.
3) GPU was significantly upgraded
4) Isn't we REALLY need some 8 cores to emulate 10 years old console? Instead of buying cutting edge HW for over than 1k$ isn't it more reasonable to buy a used PHISICAL PS2 console instead?
You should have a ps2 to use the emulator legally.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86

Download that revision and tick all speedhack checkboxes except Fast CDVD. If you're still not getting 60fps, move EE cyclerate one notch over. If still not 60, move it back then try moving VU one notch over. Still not 60? Time for another upgrade lol