[LilyPad-Scp] Crash on Enumerating Plugins
Hi I have been encountering crashes of pcsx2 when the plugins menu is opened (initial setup or going into config. It is somewhat inconsistent but I experimented and here is what I found. This is for the DS3 passthrough version of LilyPad with the SCP drivers, and Pokopom with the passthrough does not seem to be affected, but LilyPad regular version with the Xinput1_3 dll seems to crash as well.

Seeing the Dev9ghz thread gave me hope this might have a similarly easy solution for a similar crash problem!

Because of the inconsistency I suggest anyone wanting to test this try reloading pcsx2 multiple times, going to "configure plugins/bios" right after boot each time, sine sometimes it does and sometimes 1st time or so doesn't crash.

- Crash during "enumerating plugins" when LilyPad-Scp-r5875 is active in plugins folder and Xinput1_3 dll is in main folder
- Crash during "enumerating plugins" when LilyPad regular 0.11.0 is active in plugins folder and Xinput1_3 dll is in main folder
- NO Crash when Xinput1_3 is NOT in main folder and LilyPad regular 0.11.0 is active in plugins folder (normal setup)
- NO Crash when Xinput1_3 dll is in main folder and Pokopom is active in plugins folder (provides similar pressure sensitivity) -> it's probably a LilyPad problem
- NO Crash when LilyPad-Scp-r5875 is in the plugins folder but Xinput1_3 dll is not in the main folder (but also no direct passthrough functionality)
- AVOID Crash when LilyPad-Scp-r5875 is active in plugins and Xinput1_3 dll is in main folder, and initial setup is already done, then after launching pcsx2 first deliberately going to configure LilyPad and exiting THEN going to plugin/bios config
-- Crash if this first step of going into Lilypad config and exiting is not done before going to plugin config
- temporary workaround: don't add Xinput dll for initial setup (no crash), copy it later and config once, then never go into "plugins/bios config" without going into and exiting lilypad config first (but this is not ideal)

This happens differently per build, but even happens so far back as 1.2.1 big release so I think it's more a SCP/DS3 problem than pcsx2 but still it would be great to have a solution for users of DS3 pressure-sensitive passthru who still want the configurability of lilypad.

Sponsored links

Update:

I did more testing and it seems the crash only happens when the DS3 is connected (plugged in or bluetooth), but if I restart the computer and plug in a One/360 controller instead, with Xinput and LilyPad-scp still in use, I don't seem to get a crash.

This might suggest the problem is in the SCP driver itself? Sorry then if I posted this in the wrong place.
LilyPad-Scp is not the official version that is supported by this forum. The only superior feature it has is pressure sensitivity for buttons. This you only need for a couple of games. So: Do you really need LilyPad-Scp?
(12-18-2014, 01:41 AM)willkuer Wrote: LilyPad-Scp is not the official version that is supported by this forum. The only superior feature it has is pressure sensitivity for buttons. This you only need for a couple of games. So: Do you really need LilyPad-Scp?

I get what you're saying, and I admit that there are probably bigger problems to look into, but I guess I was hoping it would be a quick/easy fix if I could look into the source of the problem enough. Also, even though it's only needed for a few games, it's not like pcsx2 only crashes during those games; just having the modified Xinput dll in the folder for the possibility of support makes it crash no matter what, even if LilyPad is the active plugin instead of LilyPad-Scp.

If it makes a difference, this happens even with the regular LilyPad, just if the modified Xinput1_3 dll is in the main folder. That is, technically, part of the unofficial version, but I guess what I'm saying is there might be an inherent problem in LilyPad that was carried over to LilyPad-Scp that makes it crash when an extra dll is loaded or something? If that's the case, the problem would ideally be fixed in the normal LilyPad, then inherited when a new LilyPad-Scp is made based on that. I don't have experience working with these kinds of things, but I imagine that in the simplest possible situation, there might be some function in LilyPad making some assumption about having or not having certain dlls, and if that could only be fixed, there would be no crash, and if something like that were the case it would be awesome if it could be fixed...

Windows gives an error report of "Problem Event Name: BEX", "Fault Module Name: XINPUT1_3.dll_unloaded"