Lilypad analog deadzone bug
Using whatever I have..steering wheel or analog on the gamepad with Lilypad it always gives me a deadzone..even when turning deadzone on 0. Even if I put more sensitivity for the analog on Lilypad okay..less deadzone but then the sensitivity makes it unplayable.. Atleast for GranTurismo (the only reason why someone should use PCSX2).

Can someone here help me get rid of the deadzone thing?

Sponsored links

I did something wrong? is this way because I'm horny..god (bositman)
Someone help me please
Maybe you have a driver setting that's making it have a deadzone by default, when no "known" game is ran? As far as I know, the deadzone setting works. Check the control panel gamepad thing of Windows or similar to see if the deadzone is noticeable there or not. Also, maybe the game has a deadzone setting too...
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(06-07-2012, 05:49 AM)KrossX Wrote: Maybe you have a driver setting that's making it have a deadzone by default, when no "known" game is ran? As far as I know, the deadzone setting works. Check the control panel gamepad thing of Windows or similar to see if the deadzone is noticeable there or not. Also, maybe the game has a deadzone setting too...

Well I know it dosent have deadzone and I checked on this simple things. Its a Lilypad thing I'm sure. There is deadzone on my TRUST FF380 steering wheel and on the analog on my Logitech Wingman..
And Gran Turismo dosent have any deadzone really..
Try this ELF to test the controller/plugin/settings.

Still, how can tell the game has no deadzone? It may have one, but not an option. Specially may have one with a non-wheel controller, and with LilyPad you're using a DualShock controller.

Attached Files
.zip   padtest.zip (Size: 71,41 KB / Downloads: 679)
(06-07-2012, 09:29 PM)KrossX Wrote: Try this ELF to test the controller/plugin/settings.

Still, how can tell the game has no deadzone? It may have one, but not an option. Specially may have one with a non-wheel controller, and with LilyPad you're using a DualShock controller.

Fuc**** wow... On this elf pad test thing it works good. Okay now I know is Granturismo the problem. Exist a way to make a patch for granturismo 4 so there is no deadzone in analog?
xD

and thanks..Now I'm not so confused
---------------------------------------------
NOPE. It has a deadzone
I uplouded on youtube what happens..see for yourself and please tell me how to make this thing dissapear.
sorry for my bad english..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RBJNCVz2Y
LX and LY (which is the analog data from the pad) seems to work properly. If you mean the floating point stuff, that's just the ELF program showing a conversion with... deadzone.

Is there anywhere in the game where it shows whether a normal or wheel controller is in use?
(06-07-2012, 10:37 PM)KrossX Wrote: LX and LY (which is the analog data from the pad) seems to work properly. If you mean the floating point stuff, that's just the ELF program showing a conversion with... deadzone.

Yes LX and LY works like a charm..But the floating point stuff is what matters ingame no? So how to solve this thing of floating point? what do you think is the issue that makes this floating point thingy?
No, floating point stuff is something the ELF is doing. All your controller->driver->plugin->settings will do, is give the LX/LY data. So that must be just an example, and your game could be just doing that since it's seeing a DualShock as connected controller. How to disable it? If there ain't an ingame setting... =S

If there's no setting, I'm thinking it may only work without deadzone if an officially supported wheel is in use, so gotta change the controller ID for a valid one. So if there's anything the game could show as "Wheel connected" it would help.

#EDIT: I've been told there's a profile selection in the control configuration, where you can select which kind of wheel you're using. That might do the trick.
(06-07-2012, 10:49 PM)KrossX Wrote: No, floating point stuff is something the ELF is doing. All your controller->driver->plugin->settings will do, is give the LX/LY data. So that must be just an example, and your game could be just doing that since it's seeing a DualShock as connected controller. How to disable it? If there ain't an ingame setting... =S

If there's no setting, I'm thinking it may only work without deadzone if an officially supported wheel is in use, so gotta change the controller ID for a valid one. So if there's anything the game could show as "Wheel connected" it would help.

Okay Darkness..now lets try to connect my Logitech Wingman game pad and see how the deadzone floating point thingy is working there. If it is the same with the analog I don't know what to do. Is the analog of a normal gamepad same as the DualShock controller?

---------------------------------------------
Looks like it ***** isn't.. If I use a PS3 gamepad it's there gonna be the same deadzone floating point thingy?
And by the way..changing the ID of my controller to be Driving Force GT is that possible? xD