[Linux] Crashing immediately upon ZeroGS opening
(05-29-2009, 12:38 AM)geistanon Wrote:
(05-28-2009, 11:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: Your integrated graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for running PCSX2,so it won't work. Better now?

This forum is absolutely amazing. Looking through all of these threads I see nothing but pricks being complete dipshits about -hardware-. If an eee 'cant' do it, then how HAS IT BEEN DONE ALREADY?

Jesus christ the idiocy level here is tremendous.

Has it been done? Find me a video of PCSX2 running under linux on the eeePC and you'll have my attention.

The GMA 950 (the graphic chipset inside the eeepc) supports OpenGL 1.4, and as far as I know ZeroGS requires OpenGL 2.0 at minimum.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi

Sponsored links

(05-29-2009, 01:11 AM)echosierra Wrote:
(05-28-2009, 11:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: Your integrated graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for running PCSX2,so it won't work. Better now?

This forum is absolutely amazing. Looking through all of these threads I see nothing but pricks being complete dipshits about -hardware-. If an eee 'cant' do it, then how HAS IT BEEN DONE ALREADY?

Has it been done? Find me a video of PCSX2 running under linux on the eeePC and you'll have my attention.

The GMA 950 (the graphic chipset inside the eeepc) supports OpenGL 1.4, and as far as I know ZeroGS requires OpenGL 2.0 at minimum.

Here is one of the videos : http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=we...DEgBuPIBhA
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper

I'd suggest you ask the people who managed to get it running to show you how it's done.
That is using Windows. It IS DOABLE but you'll have to hack your way through emulating pixel shader 2 with a third party software and having to endure the slowness that implies. Did you see what kind of FPS the guy was getting in the battle?
Not to mention this should overheat the poor bugger in 10 mins or so leading to shutdown or throttling. So no, you can't properly use PCSX2 on an eePC no matter what you keep calling this community (which you somehow keep returning to,why is that since we're all douchebags and retards?)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
This thread is full of lol.
The OP's flaming a plug in author.. It's hilarious.

And, the OP's hardware isn't good enough.. Simple..
And I could make a video, say I'm running on a P3..
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
(05-29-2009, 01:16 AM)Scott Wrote: Here is one of the videos : http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=we...DEgBuPIBhA

That's using Windows and a DirectX plugin, were the shortcomings of the hardware can be addressed.
Doing that in Linux is significantly harder, since you can't use the DirectX plugin. I've never heard of an OpenGL 2.0 wrapper that actually works, which is what PCSX2 would require.

e: Bositman said it first. That'll teach me not to refresh the thread before replying.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi