[Linux] Hangs if I don't open the Onepad config window
Hello all,

I'm using PCSX2 on Ubuntu 14.10. I configured a Dualshock3 via sixad using the Onepad plugin.
PCSX2 version is 1.3.0-0, compiled on Dec 21 2014, the 'pcsx2-unstable' from the official PPA (stable version is not currently available in the PPA).

To play a game, I first have to open Config > Controllers (PAD) > Plugin Settings and dismiss the dialog by pressing Cancel. Then I can boot the game and play it normally.

If, however, I don't open the Onepad dialog, the game will not load, hanging with a blank screen.
This makes command line execution impossible.

Note that the Onepad configuration is correctly loaded in the dialog, and I don't need to edit it or save it in any way, just dismiss the dialog.

What can I do to debug/fix the issue?

Thanks

[edited - added 'Linux' to the title - avih]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I would guess that the program doesn't find the correct ini file. Can you check if there is an ini-file created after you opened dismissed onepad?
Can you open any plugin configuration or does it need to be onepad?

Edit:
Well however ini-Files are called on linux...
(12-29-2014, 10:31 AM)willkuer Wrote: I would guess that the program doesn't find the correct ini file. Can you check if there is an ini-file created after you opened dismissed onepad?
Can you open any plugin configuration or does it need to be onepad?

Edit:
Well however ini-Files are called on linux...

Hi, thanks for commenting.
No new ini files in ~/.config/PCSX2 or ~/.config/PCSX2/inis after opening the Onepad dialog.
It needs to be Onepad, the other ones have no effect.
what happens if you don't use the ds3?
(12-30-2014, 01:24 AM)willkuer Wrote: what happens if you don't use the ds3?

The emulation hangs at start even if the Dualshock is turned off.
I guess sixad is a DInput or XInput wrapper for DS3? Could that be the problem?
(12-30-2014, 01:33 AM)willkuer Wrote: I guess sixad is a DInput or XInput wrapper for DS3? Could that be the problem?

Well, probably the Linux equivalent to those. I'm pretty sure that the handling of sixad / joysticks is the culprit, but if Onepad works after opening the dialog and not changing anything, then it should behave as well without opening the dialog.

Is there anyone on Linux with similar woes?
I never heard of that problem. Gregory is the one with the largest experience in linux plugins. Maybe he will be around at some point and can help.

Obviously there is something in the call of the configuration UI that is needed for the plugin. Obviously you have some bug. Since this seldom (to my knowledge never) happens it could be that the problem is very specific to your pc. The problem would be that this bug might need debugging to be solved.

I would suggest you try to make a clean reinstall of pcsx2 and sixad and try it again if it is not too much work. Otherwise I hope that Gregory or one of the other linux user can help you.
(12-30-2014, 01:50 AM)willkuer Wrote: I never heard of that problem. Gregory is the one with the largest experience in linux plugins. Maybe he will be around at some point and can help.

Obviously there is something in the call of the configuration UI that is needed for the plugin. Obviously you have some bug. Since this seldom (to my knowledge never) happens it could be that the problem is very specific to your pc. The problem would be that this bug might need debugging to be solved.

I would suggest you try to make a clean reinstall of pcsx2 and sixad and try it again if it is not too much work. Otherwise I hope that Gregory or one of the other linux user can help you.

Thanks for your suggestions and help Smile
I'll continue to try things out and hopefully Gregory will join the discussion.
This PPA seems to be buggy. I has some terrible sound issues with this latest upgrade. So I self-compiled the latest version. No problems at all now. Just a hunch for you to consider.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti