Linux Mint 17 issue
Oibaf ppa == mesa ppa

Honestly, I don't think, it is useful to use it when you see Mesa progress rate.

Debian multiarch is right but half baked. Debian tries to fix the original issue (aka 1 path fit them all). Unfortunately, due to politics reason (aka if I uses only a single arch then I don't need correct path) , people prefers to keep the broken and dubious path. Archlinux is the same mess, what happen if you want to cross-compile an arm32 bits on it. Multilib is a poor solution of a very specific corner case. Multiarch issues have plagued linux since the beginning (it was already a mess 10 years ago to cross-compile to arm).

Sponsored links

(01-25-2016, 02:55 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: You should never use anything but Gregory's PPA.  Multiarch on Ubuntu-based distros will do that because of numerous incompatibilities with the 32 bit and 64 bit same lib coexisting for some reason.  It has been this way even back in 12.04 days. Arch based distro seems to get multiarch right.  Or you can make a virtual box with 32 bit Mint and compile pcsx2 there and transfer it back to 64 bit Mint.  It worked back in the day but I'm not sure of its effectiveness now.

I've tried Gregory's PPA and same problem.  So PCSX2 would install in a 32-bit Mint 17.3 but I'd have to compile it there and transfer it over if I wanted to use it on 64-bit?  You said I'd need to compile it with SDL1.2.  How?  Just compile like normal on 32-bit Mint?
In my case gregory pcsx2 ppa works correctly however use Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE 64bits, once installed first thing is install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

And have other libraries founded in others ppa (first install i386 and after amd64*)

[Image: IhnpTzu.png]

[Image: XDU5HG4.png]

Gameplay Video

Crash Nitro Kart - Nvidia Drivers 361.16

Distro: Linux Mint 17.2 Raffaela 64bits
Desktop: XFCE
Kernel: 4.00.0-40000-generic
CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) at 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 630 2048mb
Driver: Nvidia 361.16
PCSX2 Version: 1.4.0
Settings: Appears in video
Speed: Appears in video

*In my case needs both for have pcsx2 and vba-m

Smile
Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE Edition 64Bit - Kernel 4.00
CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) at 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus
MEM: 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x2) patriot value (21/8 Gb/s)

GPU: Zotac NVIDIA Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 64Bit (14.4 Gb/s)
BOARD: MSI H81M E33
@dukenukemx
If you have install issue due to bad multiarch, please complain on Mint forum. It would help everyone. Honestly it probably misses a line in the control file. Change is 5 minutes and then distribution need to recompile the package.

First goal is the installation of both SDL2 version (i386 and amd64), once you're done you could try to install PCSX2.
I made a post on the Mint Forums but I doubt I'll get a response to the issue. BTW I have a lot of Mint 17.3 machines but all upgrades from 17.2 to 17.3. This one machine I'm having an issue with is a straight install of a 17.3, which so far has been a bad idea. All the other machines I have just install PCSX2 without issue with the PPA. Just add the PPA and install. Done.

Should have stuck with 17.2.
Did a bit of Googling and found the solution. It was actually on this forum.

Code:
sudo apt install libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid:i386
sudo apt install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

From there you can install PCSX2 from that PPA. Nothing else needs to be done.
I forgot the names, but when I went to install PCSX2 a few days ago, it wanted to remove/replace with 32 bit? a boatload (around 64 things) of stuff (lib-this, lib-that, wayland-whatever) from Linux Mint 17.3 x64 Xfce, including Totem, the default media player, xorg stuff and lots and LOTS of things you "don't want to be messing with". It basically breaks the Mint install. There may be a fix/workaround, but it's way more than I am willing to jump into. I think I'd just run 32 bit Linux if I were going to try and install PCSX2 on it...assuming that would fix the issue.

EDIT: I got curious and installed Mint 17.3 32 bit. No such problems with the install, but Synaptic did complain about unauthenticated files and how, and I am paraphrasing just a bit here, some "crazed hack monster was going to infect my PC".

Actually it throws this error when "reloading" Synaptic: "W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net trusty InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 508A982D7A617FF4"

That said, it installed and ran Tenchu 3 just fine-ish (it's a bit blurry/double visionish compared to Windows D3D11 version) in widescreen 1920x1080. Meh, time to restore my x64 back up and just keep dual (or should I say duel booting) booting Windeeews.
Either the game does it in purpose or it is a configuration issue (crc for example)
Yeah, probably a bit of both. I didn't spend much time configuring it, and it did look pretty good, perfectly playable. I just wanted to see how the PCSX2 install on 32 bit would go, and it was good. I guess it just doesn't like all the 64 bit stuff much.

This solution...

sudo apt install libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid:i386
sudo apt install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

Installing those two first solved the problem, and when installing PCSX2, it did not remove anything. Also Synaptic did not complain about the PPA this time. Very nice. Thanks. That said, if you try to remove them later to put things as they were, it wants to remove 'half your system' with it again. I am guessing the 32 bit libs replaced the 64 bit ones that were there?