Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux & Windows on One-PC
can someone give me an Idea of keeping LINUX and WINDOWS at one Hard disk, and choose one of them at OS Select Screen each time PC RE/Start.

EDITED.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]

Sponsored links

mmm... the only thing that I can think to make that possible is to install the OS like a windows program. it is possible, afaik at least in ubuntu. just put the disk in the drive and it will ask you in which way you want it installed. it wont partitionate your hard drive but it will create a VHD, i think
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
you can repartion NTFS filesystems with ubuntu, and it will detect your hard drives on its own, allowing you to boot ANY bootable partion on startup (grub likes ALL oses, unlike windows's boot loader)
Saiki i cant Open/See my other Partitions in Red-Hat Linux, they are in FAT32 Format.

(06-04-2009, 07:37 AM)The Warrior Wrote: Saiki i cant Open/See my other Partitions in Red-Hat Linux, they are in FAT32 Format.

Wait, Red Hat? Wasn't that name dropped in favor of Fedora a few years back? I'm quite certain you can mount FAT32 partitions in any modern distribution, so check that you aren't using something from a few years ago and read the man pages on 'mount'.

It's pretty simple to get a dual-boot setup going, which is what you're looking for. You add a line in grub/lilo/whatever bootloader you're using and point it at the Windows partition, and it works itself out. Google around, there are a ton of guides.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
I'll post my grub one of these days.. but yes, you need a NEWER rev of redhat, the last "red hat" was 9, and fedora is passed 9 by now, that's 18 revisions, which one do you have?
i have Red-Hat Linux 9 version.

you need a newer version that can handle your partions
(06-07-2009, 07:04 PM)The Warrior Wrote: i have Red-Hat Linux 9 version.

9??? Shrike (Red Hat Linux 9) was released in March 2003, and discontinued in favor of Fedora in that same year. Can I ask why you're using such a (very) old version?
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Why keeping the RedHat? its so commercial stuff, go to OpenSuse, Fedora, Ubuntu or many other if you want to get the benefit of OSS.
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]