Linux, Wine and GSDX
Has anyone gotten gsdx to work with Wine?

I ask because I can't seem to get Dragon Quest 8 working with zerogs despite having tried every conceivable config and fix.
Whenever I try to load DQ8, everything runs quite well until I get to the opening scene (although the Level5 splash screen has to be skipped). Here the first frame appears and then it just hangs without giving any errors. This is using the latest linux build with zerogs pg.
However if I load the latest windows build through wine, the game starts and runs through most of the opening scene well enough but after a while the graphics get garbled and it slows to about 3 fps.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 on a byos with an intel core 2 quad and an ati radeon HD 5x. I have catalyst installed and my system has no problem running New Vegas via wine with graphics set to "ultra".

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Sponsored links

Try using ZZOgl, zerogs is quite outdated on linux. And as far as I know, wine+pcsx2 doesn't do well or doesn't work at all.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
GSdx with software render exist for Linux. But it has not yet released.
Gentoo Linux x86(chroot)
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
nVidia Geforce 8800GT
running an emulator inside another emulator doesn't seen a good idea, unless the machine is a real "monster" Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
WINE is not an emulator Wink

That said, yes WINE is far from being bug free for even the most "compatible" games... And PCSX is about as complex as a program can get. You're much better off running a native linux version.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ah yes, I love these recursive acronyms (which refers to themselves from inside), still it acts as one and so... Smile the point being it's not native code and thus must be translated. Anyway I meant the comment just as "half" joke albeit sadly true.
Imagination is where we are truly real
It's more like wHine Biggrin. Haha. Anyway, I think they refer to it as an application interface (or something like that). It's more like a simulator: it simulates all of the windows operating system calls that applications use. That's actually high level emulation, but, you know, semantics.