Linux compability list.
If you can, please say games that run great on linux!

Sponsored links

what games do you own?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
No, I would like to have here a general list from all the games that can run good on linux.
Hope you aren't expecting this within the next 2 months Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It is not like a have a problem which I need to solve asap. I just want to have a good list of games that run good on linux. Because I don't think it's gonna be improved any time soon, I can wait.
Godzilla - Save the Earth, and Odin Sphere are both playable on linux.
You should also ask for what games are broken on Linux as well.
Vast majority of games run ok on Linux. Compatability is more based on gpu driver status than games themselves. In this case, Nvidia proprietary drivers for the win.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(11-02-2014, 03:42 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Vast majority of games run ok on Linux. Compatability is more based on gpu driver status than games themselves. In this case, Nvidia proprietary drivers for the win.

Yeah but I played Smackdown here comes the pain on an i3 sandy bridge laptop and an Nvidia 315m gpu and I got 15 fps and a strange bug like the right directional button was always pressed on the menus but ingame was fine on single battles. But on windows I had a nice 45-60 fps on singles and 10-15 on 6-man battles due to hardware weakness. With no bugs.
Directional issue is due to bad button logging with OnePAD. Sometimes it takes a few tries to pin the buttons correctly to the emulator. Also Linux is not optimized as good as Windows, but still waaaay better than it used to be. Your slow speed could have been a hardware issue, or even a power management issue. GPU drivers count for a lot too.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti