Linux ... is there a way?
Question 
After having confirmed that my specs are good enough to run FFXII at full speed in windows 7 at 1280x720 (thanks everybody), I'm trying to do the same on linux ubuntu 9.04, where I could also use the PS2 adapter.

I abandoned months ago the idea, while trying latest svn versions and getting awful results. I was able to compile everything just fine, until they (you?) changed the way to compile using codeblocks.
Using the latest svn yesterday, I simply wad not able to compile some plugins for errors. So I used latest PCSX2 Linux Beta 1736 (6 September 2009) available.

And, tears, same iso, same pc, even native resolution (cause I was not able to find a way to use upper res in the plugin) all I get is 30 fps?!? Sad
Am I doing something wrong?

P.s. As in windows version, speedhacks makes no difference in FFXII

Sponsored links

No you're not. The OpenGL plugins available for linux are way slower than GSdx that uses DirectX
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks.... I'll put the idea aside for now...
Just one thing : is there a way to change resolution in linux? All I can do is enabling AA....
That's what the ZeroGS/ZZOgl does when you use AA. It actually multiplies the internal resolution by x2 or x4.
Ah, it seemed to me it was getting way better looking just with Anti Aliasing... and that's why the big drop in fps.... Thanks for the info
Bosutman, you wrong in one way: GS plugin is rarely so important, that made 1/4 of speed. There is some games, where ZZogl is slow, but FFXII -- it's one of usual CPU-limited games, so speed should be exact match.
Wait.... are you saying I should have exact the same speed?
Yes, you should have. It's CPU-dependant game. And recompilation speed does not depend from OS, but only from CPU speed.
Ok.... knowing this.... what should I do?
Everything seems fine for me (I mean, my Linux has 3D acceleration enabled and latest nvidia drivers).
Should I look for someting in particular?
(10-14-2009, 10:40 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Bosutman, you wrong in one way: GS plugin is rarely so important, that made 1/4 of speed. There is some games, where ZZogl is slow, but FFXII -- it's one of usual CPU-limited games, so speed should be exact match.

I don't think so. It also manages the second thread and that can have an impact on cpu load.
If that is so, he should get the exact same FPS using the same settings, which as you can see is not the case by far Tongue