Linux news
What is the driver support for it?

I believe NVIDIA support it, at least on windows.

Sponsored links

Nvidia supports it. Someone is working on it for Mesa. Catalyst supports the previous version of the extension. Hopefully they will add it in a couple of months. I'm more afraid about OSX. They could drop (ie stick to 4.1) openGL in favor of Metal.

The biggest advantage of opengl was multi os/gpu support. Today the trend is a full stack by Os/GPU vendor...
(02-19-2015, 11:26 PM)gregory Wrote: Nvidia supports it. Someone is working on it for Mesa. Catalyst supports the previous version of the extension. Hopefully they will add it in a couple of months. I'm more afraid about OSX. They could drop (ie stick to 4.1) openGL in favor of Metal.

The biggest advantage of opengl was multi os/gpu support. Today the trend is a full stack by Os/GPU vendor...

BTW I have a distro set up and ready to go, so if you need some Linux side testing, shoot me a PM.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm also ready when you are Gregory.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Please check sticky thread of the tester forums. More will come (when I remember what need to be tested)

On the news topic, I saw some patches to support DSA on Mesa. So it remains Catalyst, and I don't know what to do for OSX...