Linuz ISO
How does it exactly work?

It's the only DVD plugin that's bundled with the september 6th 2009 beta release so I figure it must be the best one. For now I'm using Peops since it's the only one I know how to use since it's so simple.

Sponsored links

(09-09-2009, 09:51 PM)Tetsero Wrote: How does it exactly work?

It's the only DVD plugin that's bundled with the september 6th 2009 beta release so I figure it must be the best one. For now I'm using Peops since it's the only one I know how to use since it's so simple.

You point it at the ISO you want to play, and off it goes.

Since you're asking I assume you don't know what an ISO is or how to make one from a dvd?
Software: ImgBurn (It's free! No crapware!)
How to do it: Some dude's guide

e: I should mention what an ISO is, huh.
An ISO (commonly called a disc image) is basically a perfect copy of your game DVD that is stored on your hard drive. Using this can drastically reduce loading times, and is in general the best option for everyone that isn't strapped for hard drive space.
DVD ISO's are typically 4-8 GB, so make sure you have room before starting the creation process.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
So it only works with ISOs? Smile Thanks for the extra info, I know what ISOs are already and how to rip them from the disk.

I ripped mine in MDS format with I00 and I01. Should I re-rip it? Or can I run it with daemon tools and use the IMG file within the disk?

So yeah, can you use it with MDS or IMG files? Or does it have to be in ISO format?

Also is this plugin better than other DVD plugins?
Never tried loading a MDS or IMG, might work. But don't try and load it with Daemon Tools and run it like a DVD, this causes massive problems and usually results in the game not even starting. If the file is even mounted by Daemon Tools, it can (and usually does) cause the emulator to crash out.

It's not necessarily any better than the other DVD plugins, just faster. I can't think of any games that only work with one and not the others, but the speed advantage is very nice.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Yeah, it reads the disk as MDS but it doesn't recognize it as a regular PS2 disk xD

Smile Thanks for all of your help! I think I'll just rip it as an ISO if I get time, till then I'll just use Peops xD