List Of Games Running From Slowest To Fastest
Well im hoping this will be a good thread, i havent got the chance to test more than 6 games yet but i hope it helps people looking for a somewhat understandment of which games have the potentail to run faster than others. Note that i have most of these games running on different settings, and with Persona 3 FES i used the newest SVN.
My list so far (Slow speeds descending to Higher speeds):

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Soul Calibur 2
Final Fantasy X
Persona 3 FES
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX The Beginning of Destiny
Timesplitters

Remember that this list is for games with the potential to run faster than others.

I understand at the moment this is a stub (Obviously) but hopefully more people can contribute. If we get a nice big list in the end then that will be a major help.
Processor: Pentium® Dual Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHZ
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545

Sponsored links

I commend the intention but it's hard enough to do benchmarking with different hardware on a single game (FFX-2).

Upon that SVN revisions can drastically change particular game's speed/compatibility one way or another.

I think this list could work though if we treat it as a very rough guide to let new people get the rough idea how demanding their game in question is. So we can't get picky about 1-5 fps difference etc.

Edit: Might as well say a couple I'm quite sure of, I think FFX-2 and FFXII should go between FFX and SC2

SKITTLES!
<REDACTED>
(07-02-2012, 02:03 AM)Fezzer Wrote: I commend the intention but it's hard enough to do benchmarking with different hardware on a single game (FFX-2).

Upon that SVN revisions can drastically change particular game's speed/compatibility one way or another.

I think this list could work though if we treat it as a very rough guide to let new people get the rough idea how demanding their game in question is. So we can't get picky about 1-5 fps difference etc.

Edit: Might as well say a couple I'm quite sure of, I think FFX-2 and FFXII should go between FFX and SC2

Yep! Thats basically what i was hoping to achieve out of this. I will update the list periodically.
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545
Check out this link to games that work well on low end machines
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Easy-play...+end+games
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
will anyone tell me if the order mortal kombat armaggedon any matrix games fight night round 3 and grand theft auto are in those are myfavorite ones
And here is a link to one that is almost identical to your post
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
And what about the most demanding games? well here`s a post for them
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Which-gam...full-speed
PS opps sorry for the double post
Msi GF-62VR
(07-02-2012, 04:29 AM)pcsx2 crasher Wrote: will anyone tell me if the order mortal kombat armaggedon any matrix games fight night round 3 and grand theft auto are in those are myfavorite ones

Unfortunatly i saw none of those games in either list. I suggest searching other sites or getting the games to test them on. Although im pretty sure GTA would be an absolute mother to run.
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545
Any sandbox games (Like GTA) would always run slower due to the long loading times and constant loading of distant objects. Unlike KH1 & 2 since it's all pre-loaded.

FFXII would run pretty slow since it has to load the monsters since it's open-world battles.

That's my analogy though, could be wrong.
I think it's still very early to gauge the performance of PS2 games in PCSX2. Though PCSX2 has come a long way, there is still a sort of final-touch pending to optimize the speed of the emulator in general.

For now, all that one can say is the range of speed perception seen by the same person in the same system.

And right now, it still depends heavily on the combinations of the system specs, tweaks, and speed hacks.

The discussion of what is "playable" and "not playable" and also "acceptable and not acceptable", "performance and aesthetics" may be more relevant at this stage, which are all quite subjective.