Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load someone else´s save state for Persona -4 SLES-55474-
Hi, I´ve been desperate to continue playing Persona 4 from around where you save Naoto. I´ve been looking everywhere for a save file that´s around that part of the game. Someone finally sent my a save state. But I don´t know how to make it work ( or if it´s even possible.)

I´ve put the file in the sstates map, and tried to load it in every european version I have but it just says " Slot´s empty" ( I´m assuming it´s the 0 slot I´m supposed to use.)

Anyone have an idea? Grateful for help :3

(also don´t know if this matters, but for some reason I can´t see any text in the ps2 browser. Just the triangle, x etc. I´m playing the undub version.)

Sponsored links

To use a saved state it has to be: Exact same game, same region and you have to be using the same PCSX2, GSdx and SPU2-X version with the ones used to create that state. Would be much easier to ask the person to give you a memory card file
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-26-2012, 09:56 AM)Bositman Wrote: To use a saved state it has to be: Exact same game, same region and you have to be using the same PCSX2, GSdx and SPU2-X version with the ones used to create that state. Would be much easier to ask the person to give you a memory card file

Thanks. Yeah I did figure out the save state was out of the question.

He sent me a file named Mcd002.ps2 so I assume this is a whole memory card? But whenever I try and import it into mymc it doesn´t recognize it as a memory card. Not until I format it in PCSX2, but ofc, after I´ve done that.. there´s nothing on it XD Any ideas?
You're not supposed to open it in mymc, just open the memory card manager of PCSX2 and select that file as memcard 1
(11-26-2012, 12:31 PM)Bositman Wrote: You're not supposed to open it in mymc, just open the memory card manager of PCSX2 and select that file as memcard 1

Ohhhh.
In en memcard manager, how do you select it as memcard 1?
It's pretty self-explanatory if you use 3 minutes of your time and read the windows you see Tongue
Aha! Managed to do that too. And I managed to get the file onto the memory card. Now my problem is. I can see it on the memory card in PCXS2 but I can´t use it in the game. I assume the problem is it´s a SLES file while all the others are SLUS. Can I still use it somehow? Sorry for all the questions, I really wanna finish Persona! XD
Your question was already answered, SLES is for Europe region and normally PAL, SLUS is for USA market and normally NTSC to boot, they aren't for the same region.
All you need is to find a save game for your correct game version/region.

You can possibly find the save in several other formats, like those encoded using AR Max or codebreaker, these are the ones you need to load a clean PCSX2 memcard into MyMC and then import that save into it... afterwards, just use it with PCSX2 and all will be fine.

MyMC will refuse to import a save if one for the "same slot" exist inside the memcard already, in this case you need to delete that slot "By hand" before importing. That can be done from inside MyMC albeit not so intuitively. To be able to delete that slot you need to select it and then go to "file" menu and then the option delete will not be grayed anymore.
Imagination is where we are truly real