Logitech G25 wheel with PCSX2 (GT4)
(07-21-2012, 09:26 PM)naik2222 Wrote: ... Sega Rally, Screamer 1&2, The Need for Speed 1,2,3,4.. Gran turismo 1,2,3 &4..Test Drive Unlimited..Live for Speed.. rFactor1&2..GTR legends, Race on, Race GRID, Colin mC Rae, WRC rally and more and more games..

You forgot GPL and RBR (Forza too, and Dirt, but those are arcade-ish, together with Grantourismo Wink even if very nice to play) ! you can't call yourself a racer Wink

I also got many many (many!) miles on live for speed (and played also with many of the ones you mentioned). LFS has to be one of the best evah! Tongue quite a shame that it's mostly demo servers there days..

I also hoped to use my wheel with GT3/4, but lack of proper FFB indeed takes a lot of the fun. There's currently no solution that I know of, as it requires someone to emulate the (undocumented AFAIK) protocol of the PS2 wheels (G25 would probably be enough, but it's still undocumented..). I wouldn't bet on someone doing it in the near future.

My advice: keep the proper racing to platforms where proper FFB works, as PCSX2 doesn't have a good solution right now.

Sponsored links

These games would implement their own custom effects library, which yes, would be the most difficult part of supporting wheels.

Supporting the Effect types through the API is currently do-able.

Chickenliver has based his periodic implementation completely on the Logitech driver, i expect he actually ignores the OEMForceFeedback\Effects binary data which is the appropriate method of talking with the rumble driver and directly implemented a logitech only form.

i don't even know where to begin looking for that, by his own words the source was a mess

heh, yeah, i just checked and he basically implements his own custom effects overriding the gamepads capabilities.
Well, I did try to hack lilypad long time ago and make it have proper FFB with my wheel, but IIRC, after analyzing the FFB signals data within lilypad, while the amplitude did seem with reasonable correlation to the required FFB effects, they were only pushing one side (e.g. always positive, or always negative), and i couldn't find the bit (or implied bit) which separates right/left effects, and eventually I left it.
i just looked at the source and in comparison to dolphin, which does support the periodic modes just fine with xbcd's rumble driver, the lilypad source is basically creating its own custom effects library, overriding the drivers own capabilities.

Code:
        IDirectInputEffect *die = diEffects[index].die;
        if (die) {
            DIEFFECT dieffect;
            memset(&dieffect, 0, sizeof(dieffect));
            union {
                DIPERIODIC periodic;
                DIRAMPFORCE ramp;
                DICONSTANTFORCE constant;
            };

dieffect.dwSize = sizeof(dieffect);
            dieffect.lpvTypeSpecificParams = &periodic;
            int magnitude = abs((int)((force*10000*(__int64)diEffects[index].scale)/BASE_SENSITIVITY/255));
            if (magnitude > 10000) magnitude = 10000;
            int type = ffEffectTypes[binding->effectIndex].type;
            if (type == EFFECT_CONSTANT) {
                dieffect.cbTypeSpecificParams = sizeof(DICONSTANTFORCE);
                constant.lMagnitude = magnitude;
            }
            else if (type == EFFECT_PERIODIC) {
                dieffect.cbTypeSpecificParams = sizeof(DIPERIODIC);
                periodic.dwMagnitude = 0;
                periodic.lOffset = magnitude;
                periodic.dwPhase = 0;
                periodic.dwPeriod = 2000000;
            }
            else if (type == EFFECT_RAMP) {
                dieffect.cbTypeSpecificParams = sizeof(DIRAMPFORCE);
                ramp.lEnd = ramp.lStart = magnitude;
            }
            dieffect.dwFlags = DIEFF_CARTESIAN | DIEFF_OBJECTIDS;
            dieffect.dwDuration = 2000000;
            die->SetParameters(&dieffect, DIEP_TYPESPECIFICPARAMS | DIEP_START);
        }
    }

im not comfortable with this source, plugins should be ready to build just by pulling the relevant tree, there shouldn't be any pulling of common vsprops necessary. :sigs:
please make stay this thread alive

i am able to pay SOMEONE to have FFB with my DFP or G27 on GT4 (more fun than gt5 by far)
No news ? Sad
Yeah it's frustrating Sad
Okay but it's not possible to talk to a developper to ask him :
"hi bro, we are a little community and we want FFB on logitech's wheel, send us your paypal address & we send you some money for the motivation"

maybe they re not aware of the problem and it will never be solved

How can we contact these guys ?
contact who?

chickenliver has dropped development for this plugin.
i dont know the team but it means, we re in 2012, we have a great emulator with good plugins and nobody have access to the source code and will be able to do his best to have FFB support ?

chickenliver is not the one and only guys in the world able to do this job ?