Logitech Rumblepad 2 strangeness
I want to use my Logitech Rumblepad 2 (wired USB) with PCSX2, but while configuring my lilypad plugin, the thing wants to use keyboard and mouse inputs instead. It's got W A S and D mapped to my left stick while mouse movement's are on my right stick with various other keys and mouse buttons are mapped to the pad.

If that weren't strange enough, this strange configuration seems applied to my pad itself, not just in emulation or configuring mode but anywhere on my pc while PCSX2 is running; I can control my actual mouse cursor by using the right stick on my Rumblepad controller. Otherwise, the pad isn't inputing as a mouse and keyboard.

I don't want this to happen while using PCSX2. I want only the Rumblepad's inputs to get mapped in the emulator. I've checked my drivers, they're up to date. I checked PCSX2's configuration, but found nothing obvious and tried every configuration of options I could figure to try. I'd gotten the pad to work before without issue, but I don't know what's changed since then that would cause this problem. Must I reinstall PCSX2 to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Sponsored links

(12-15-2013, 05:42 AM)dpcollier128 Wrote: I want to use my Logitech Rumblepad 2 (wired USB) with PCSX2, but while configuring my lilypad plugin, the thing wants to use keyboard and mouse inputs instead. It's got W A S and D mapped to my left stick while mouse movement's are on my right stick with various other keys and mouse buttons are mapped to the pad.

If that weren't strange enough, this strange configuration seems applied to my pad itself, not just in emulation or configuring mode but anywhere on my pc while PCSX2 is running; I can control my actual mouse cursor by using the right stick on my Rumblepad controller. Otherwise, the pad isn't inputing as a mouse and keyboard.

I don't want this to happen while using PCSX2. I want only the Rumblepad's inputs to get mapped in the emulator. I've checked my drivers, they're up to date. I checked PCSX2's configuration, but found nothing obvious and tried every configuration of options I could figure to try. I'd gotten the pad to work before without issue, but I don't know what's changed since then that would cause this problem. Must I reinstall PCSX2 to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

It sounds like you are running some software that is mapping the joystick to the keyboard and mouse. I actually run such software(JoyToKey) for other purposes. I'm betting the drivers for the logitech rumblepad have this feature built in. Do you have an icon in your small icon area on the taskbar that you can right click that pertains to your joypad? Or maybe in Control Panel?

Also, it's possible this profile is mapped only to the PCSX2 executable... and that's why it only runs when PCSX2 is running.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-15-2013, 08:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It sounds like you are running some software that is mapping the joystick to the keyboard and mouse. I actually run such software(JoyToKey) for other purposes. I'm betting the drivers for the logitech rumblepad have this feature built in. Do you have an icon in your small icon area on the taskbar that you can right click that pertains to your joypad? Or maybe in Control Panel?

Also, it's possible this profile is mapped only to the PCSX2 executable... and that's why it only runs when PCSX2 is running.

Oh my God, I'd forgotten about that thing. I was able to go into the profiler, disable it from auto selecting a profile, disable it from auto scanning for games (just because), and delete all profiles it's found. The controller works like it properly should again. Thanks for the help in identifying my problem.