Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a reasonabley priced graphics card
My system:
Intel®Core(TM i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
4GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I don't have a graphics card. Just the integrated graphics on my MB.

I'm not a very big gamer. I really only play Pcsx2. That is the only reason I want a graphics card. PS2 games are the biggest games I play on my PC.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

With my processor and my RAM all I could really use is a graphics card. Currently I'm getting an average of 30 fps. Which is terribly low. For some reason Ico gets around 50. It is the only game I've played without lag. If I could get around 60 i think that should be great.

What average of fps makes game play decently smooth?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

If you could give us some direction on money you want to spend and any PC games you happen to actually play, it could help in making the decision for you Smile
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(10-09-2012, 08:31 PM)refraction Wrote: If you could give us some direction on money you want to spend and any PC games you happen to actually play, it could help in making the decision for you Smile

Under $80. I play a wide range of games. Too many too list. A lot of stuff like Shadow of Colossus, Ico, GTA, etc.

It doesn't have to be fancy. It needs to have a VGA or DVI, but and HDMI would be a plus. Something to get a decent amount of FPS rather than my normal 20 - 30.
hi there! at that price point i'd suggest the 6670

here's a better reference if you'd want http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gami...,3107.html

the article gives you an idea of how much bangs you'll get for buck and also will differentiate each card in different tiers
Mobo : Asus Maximus V Formula || CPU : i5-3570k || LCS : Corsair h100
GPU : MSI 7850 Power Edition || PSU : Corsair GS 700w || Rams : Corsair XMS3 1333mhz 8-8-8-24 cl8
Monitor : HP w2207h || Chassis : Corsair 600T White || OS : WIN7 x64
Wouldd a graphics card increase PCSX2 performance when adde to my current system? (mentioned in my OP)
It would help, especially if you're using the mobo GPU. Hard to say exact numbers, but you should see a performance increase.
What is a good FPS for smooth game play?
50-60

also I use an nvidia GT 430, it works well for PCSX2
(10-10-2012, 05:51 AM)Saiki Wrote: 50-60

also I use an nvidia GT 430, it works well for PCSX2

Is it possible to get from 60 - 70? I want to improve performance, but I want to know my limitations. i don't want o pay more for a graphics card that will get me the same as a cheaper one because PCSX2 has limitations.
(10-10-2012, 05:52 AM)stevenmw Wrote: Is it possible to get from 60 - 70? I want to improve performance, but I want to know my limitations. i don't want o pay more for a graphics card that will get me the same as a cheaper one because PCSX2 has limitations.

lol dude maximum fps for pal is 50 and ntsc is 60, if want to go beyond 60 then uncheck the framelimiter box