Looking for help to make Persona 4 run as smoothly as possible.
If anyone minds helping me, that would be grand, I'm trying to find the best settings possible for running Persona 4 on my comp. Currently running on Windows Vista

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.60 GHz

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Graphics card. What would you suggest I turn on or config in Emulations and such to get it working as best as possible on my machine, preferably 60 FPS even at the cost of fluid functionality.

Sponsored links

use speedhacks, and frameskip.
Don't push your gsdx internal res higher than native, and that should be playable.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try this :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown
But the only problem was sound sync
I've played P4 on my old AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0 and a x2600xt pretty decent, only times I had slowdowns was at Junes and when fighting mobs with a white/rainbow-ish color or the golden hand, but further it was quite playable. Even with this computer my pc slows down with those battles unless I switch to native where everything runs fine and then I'll switch back to 1920*1080 Smile
Anyone mind going into a bit more detail, still having trouble on my end, I can get the sound to run fluidly, but not the motions, hanging around 30 FPS.
I had the exact same processor a few years ago and I can tell you, you aren't going to get the game running full speed all the time with it.

Most speed hacks work well with this game, but don't use VU cycle steal beyond 1 notch or the game will play slow (even though you'll have high FPS).

The best way I found on a slower machine to minimize at least noticing the slowdowns is to use async instead of timestretching in the sound options. This means the sound will try it's best to always play full speed no matter how fast/slow the actual game is going. It works great in Persona 4 especially.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for all the help guys Laugh I kept fiddling with it and used what you said, turns out, I need all the speedhacks on but with Framelimiting on to get it to run a smooth 60 FPS, thanks again.