Looking for help with performance on a laptop
Hey everyone! I love what the PCSX2 team has done, outstanding job!

I'm looking to see if any configuration would help me be able to play Viewtiful Joe 1/2, Katamari Damacy, and God of War 1/2 at better frame rates.

My computer(laptop):
Intel Core i5-520m 2.4 GHz (2.93 with Turbo) (Dual-core with hyper-threading)
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
NVIDia GeForce GT 330m

I use the SSE41 Gsdx with Directx 10 Hardware. I've tried some speedhack(preset 3/4 or a mixture) configurations which seem to help.

I just was wondering if there was anything else I can do. I try to run my OS to maximize performance.(No Aero, Windows 2000 look, less services, etc...)

In Viewtiful Joe, the EE stays around 100% after the menu and the GS also is around 90%-100% when speedhacks are on with 20-40 fps.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Consider lowering the resolution?
Have you tried Software rendering ever?
Posting screen shots of settings often helps.

Anyway, high EE% and GS% usually indicate too weak of hardware for that instance of emulation. Make sure you're reporting those numbers with speedhacks off, though.
(06-02-2011, 01:18 AM)Rezard Wrote: Consider lowering the resolution?
Have you tried Software rendering ever?
Posting screen shots of settings often helps.

Anyway, high EE% and GS% usually indicate too weak of hardware for that instance of emulation. Make sure you're reporting those numbers with speedhacks off, though.
Thanks for replying.

Do you mean lowering my desktop resolution or in the graphic's settings?
The in game resolution didn't seem to have any effects. I've tried software rendering, it seems to always have lower fps, around 10. With speedhacks off, my EE is around 95-100%, but my GS varies between 10-50%.

Here are my GS/SPU settings: http://img846.imageshack.us/i/unleduij.png/

My emulator settings are default at the moment.
No, I meant the internal resolution. I do see that you have it at native, so that's low.

Don't be to discouraged how software mode difers in FPS in this case. It's always worth a try, especially if there are graphic issues.

The high EE% indicates that you're CPU limited in this instance. Speedhacks are about the best you can do in this instance. Do know, some games will just prove too much for your system. You are on a laptop, after all.

Which reminds me: Are you on a "High Performance" Power Plan with your laptop?
(06-02-2011, 01:56 AM)Rezard Wrote: No, I meant the internal resolution. I do see that you have it at native, so that's low.

Don't be to discouraged how software mode difers in FPS in this case. It's always worth a try, especially if there are graphic issues.

The high EE% indicates that you're CPU limited in this instance. Speedhacks are about the best you can do in this instance. Do know, some games will just prove too much for your system. You are on a laptop, after all.

Which reminds me: Are you on a "High Performance" Power Plan with your laptop?

Ok, I'll experiment with the software rendering modes too. I run the high performance profile normally when gaming. I figured hardware could be the issue, I had to double-check. I am planning to upgrade this fall, I can't wait.

Thanks again!