Looking to build a 2nd machine for PCSX2
Hey everyone. I built my main gaming rig myself. Lately, however, I have been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd one that I could hook up to my 50" HDTV in the living room. Its primary use would be to use PCSX2 on the HDTV. I would like to be able to kick back and play on the big screen when I want to without moving my desktop from upstairs to downstairs all the time.

On my main rig, I can play PS2 games on my Dell U2711 without any issue at all. In the living room though, I wanted something that would be somewhat compact but won't leave me wishing for more power. Outside of emulation and maybe some video streaming - this rig would not be used for anything else.

Since I am looking for something compact, I was looking at the Alienware X51 - but I am sure I can build something that will be more powerful, meet my needs and come out cheaper in the end. The caveat however, is that I was hoping to keep a small form factor. I am trying to appease the wife by not adding another huge "gadget" to our living room setup - but to try and keep the price somewhat reasonable as well. The lower the better.

My current, gaming PC which runs it fine is:

-Asus Sabertooth x58 MoBo
-i7-950 3.06GHz CPU
-Intel X25-M 80GB SSD
-EVGA GTX 570 GPU
-6GB DDR3 Triple Channel Memory

I do NOT need: Hard Drive, Optical Drive or Memory

What would you guys suggest for a rig that will keep it cheap, preferably compact in size and powerful enough to play on the big screen?
Thanks!

Sponsored links

buy whatever you can tht is the BEST, but the total should be under $1,000. best you can with what you can, get a micro atx case now i know what your thinking "the gfx card wont fit" then take out the side of the case, put your gfx card in then mickey mouse it. as long as your parts arent going to get smashed, your ok. which is why my case is literally just a steal box with a huge house fan in it. lol
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
If you really are that eager to buy something better then go for an i5 2500k or i7 2600k (no need to say that there might be a need to slightly OC it for the more demanding games) that should solve your problems other than that Your GPU is quiet the powerhouse rightnow so no need of getting anything new Smile
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86