Looking to improve FPS; several questions
Okay, I'm a total noob when it comes to system specs and computer lingo. So if I say something dumb, please bear with me. I've read around trying to answer my various questions before posting and from what I can tell, this is what I'm working with (please let me know if I list something totally not related; I had a hard time getting clear cut answers):

Graphics Card: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family (?)
CPU: Genuine Intel® CPU 2160 @ 1.80 GHz (x2)

Tested .dot//hack Infection and got up to 30 fps when the game first loaded. It then dipped to about 17-20 and that's about all I can get. I gave up after about 45 mins of tweaking with various things, until I saw this video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66eeg_...videogames

I followed his instructions to the letter UNTIL he got to a certain part where he asks you to open the config option in the main menu and scroll down to where it says Speed Hack or Speed Hacks.

I....don't have that option for some reason (I downloaded the emulator from this site, in case that helps).

So, I guess my questions are:

1) Did I get the system specs right? And if so, is 50-60 fps achievable with my setup? I can provide more info if necessary, just tell me what I need to post and I'll look it up.

2) Why do I not have speed hack =/

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored links

Try with pcsx2 playground about those option hacks and make progress report in playground forum. Onboard vga is not reccomanded for pcsx2, that first you must to upgrade. About your cpu, can you Overclock it, that 2 can help you and save your money.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(01-09-2009, 10:43 AM)Register Wrote: Try with pcsx2 playground about those option hacks and make progress report in playground forum. Onboard vga is not reccomanded for pcsx2, that first you must to upgrade. About your cpu, can you Overclock it, that 2 can help you and save your money.

I'll look into getting playground tomorrow. It's 4 am where I'm at and I'm quite sleepy.

I'm assuming by onboard vga you are referring to my graphics card? That's definitely something I need to look into once I get some cash.

I am not sure if I can overclock or not. For one, I have no idea what that means, nor do I know if it is something my CPU can handle. I'll do some research on it and see what I find.

Thank you for the insight Laugh Hopefully this will solve my problem and I won't have to drop 30 bucks on Magic Swap again =/