Lost hours of gameplay due to power cut - sstate is there but pcsx2 wont load it
Mine is a story probably repeated many times. I lost around 4 hours of gameplay due to a power cut. Thing is, my sstates folder has my save game, but wont load it. Its bigger in size than the previous ones - proof that all the essential data is there. Question is - how can i force the emulator to run it?

Sponsored links

I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the file, but whether that data within has been corrupted or not...

Is it giving you an error message, or just doing nothing (when you try loading)?
(08-27-2011, 06:01 AM)Rezard Wrote: I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the file, but whether that data within has been corrupted or not...

Is it giving you an error message, or just doing nothing (when you try loading)?

Nothing happens in the emulator, but the...feedback box says this:

Loading savestate from slot 7...
filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Zlia ilia\My Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SCUS-97481 (2F123FD8).07.p2s
[wx] invalid zip file
Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Zlia ilia\My Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SCUS-97481 (2F123FD8).07.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate file does not contain 'PCSX2 Savestate Version.id'(VM_UnzipFromDisk)
*After* it fails to load, try to load the backup (=previous) save at the bottom of the load state sub-menu (or using SHIFT-F3). That is, assuming you had "Backup before save" checked.
(08-27-2011, 06:24 AM)avih Wrote: *After* it fails to load, try to load the backup (=previous) save at the bottom of the load state sub-menu (or using SHIFT-F3). That is, assuming you had "Backup before save" checked.

i did not
So..can I force load the messed up savestate somehow, or am I hosed for good?
most likely, your out of luck. Its generally better to save to the mem card as opposed to using sstates to avoid this...
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
another case of pcsx2 not closing the write handle on the state files....
(08-27-2011, 10:56 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: another case of pcsx2 not closing the write handle on the state files....

im sorry, we will write a

if(powercut)
{
}

function shall we? Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

As a rule of thumb i dont reconfigure the default settings, other than the video plugin. Is there a bad side to having backup before save on? And if not, why isnt it turned on by default?