Low EE/GS but low frames
Playing god of war 2 with an ISO file, but I am only getting about 40FPS in a lot of areas despite my EE never going much over 60-65 and my GS never going above 50 max. I've tried all the presets and tinkered around trying to get a smoother/faster experience. So far the only thing that seems to work is frame skipping.

I am going to try a different ISO file out to see if that may help (original is 4gb, the new one I will try is 8gb) , I also own a copy of the original game but my DVD drive is broken and my PS2 has been broken for about 5 years Laugh

....but here are my specs anyway.

Q8200 Quad Core @ 2.3GHZ (I can o'clock this to about 2.7-2.8 before it starts getting rather unstable)
1GB GTS 460 @ 700MHZ
8GB DDR2 (yeah I know...DDR2 isn't great)

Are there any specific settings I should be looking at in the rendering tabs? I tried turning up EE cyclerate/Stealing but the game starts glitching out all weirdly and I can't play like that. Certain settings also seem to give this weird "ghost" image of everything (most noticeable on Kratos)

Anyway, if this ISO isn't the problem, could something else be limiting my FPS? It seems weird that my CPU/GPU isn't being stressed but the FPS are still being limited so much

Sponsored links

Quote:I am going to try a different ISO file out to see if that may help (original is 4gb, the new one I will try is 8gb) , I also own a copy of the original game but my DVD drive is broken and my PS2 has been broken for about 5 years
that doesn't allow you to download someone else's copy. That's piracy too.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go