Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low EE and GS load
Question 
Hi guys, I have question
Why does dragonball z budokai 3 (U) on character selection on dueling mode with low EE(40%) and GS(50%) load have low fps? (maybe other games on certain situation have low fps but low EE and GS too)

Sponsored links

Enabling speedhacks can make those numbers inaccurate.
Both EE and GS are threads running over CPU, hence you can still be GPU limited by having too high res or just very bad graphics card(or integrated chip;p). If you do have decent, dedicated gpu, make sure it's actually used as with all different power saving tech nowadays it's not always soo sure.;p
(03-09-2013, 11:26 PM)metalmallow Wrote: Enabling speedhacks can make those numbers inaccurate.

i have disabled all speedhack but still same result
Here screenshoot :

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-10-2013, 12:56 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Both EE and GS are threads running over CPU, hence you can still be GPU limited by having too high res or just very bad graphics card(or integrated chip;p). If you do have decent, dedicated gpu, make sure it's actually used as with all different power saving tech nowadays it's not always soo sure.;p

it weird, it happen only on native res but when I change to 640x480 fps increase 32 up to 48 fps, is it gsdx bug?
(03-10-2013, 02:47 AM)billyash Wrote: it weird, it happen only on native res but when I change to 640x480 fps increase 32 up to 48 fps, is it gsdx bug?

Telling the machine's specs may help us to help you.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Cpu Amd 555 BE O'C 3.5gGhz
Integrated GPU ATI HD4200
(03-10-2013, 03:16 AM)billyash Wrote: Cpu Amd 555 BE O'C 3.5gGhz
Integrated GPU ATI HD4200

The GPU is really the problem, it's too entry level and being integrated (using system RAM) does not help also.

That's the case where software mode could help but then there is a problem with the game becoming too much demanding on the CPU.

Have you tried some other game? I'm not really sure but I recall from threads reporting this particular game had issues some time ago.

The CPU is not ideal but has enough cores and sped to run some less demanding games.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-10-2013, 03:24 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The GPU is really the problem, it's too entry level and being integrated (using system RAM) does not help also.

That's the case where software mode could help but then there is a problem with the game becoming too much demanding on the CPU.

Have you tried some other game? I'm not really sure but I recall from threads reporting this particular game had issues some time ago.

The CPU is not ideal but has enough cores and sped to run some less demanding games.

it's only occur on character selection(i don't see it's demanding) on dueling mode, other scene is fine
Emulated graphics doesn't have to be seen as to actually be heavy, often some stupid detail can be much heavier than the restTongue, and that character selection screen has awfully lot of small textures that easily can beat plain 3D stage with same char models.

Also it's not really a bug that at times higher res can be a bit faster, we had a topic here describing similar cases in the past with for example Star Ocean 3 menu's and from the discussion it seems pc gpu's are somewhat optimized to higher res textures which are common in pc native games and will process them a bit faster, rising res will also make gpu hit other limitations faster through, hence a speedup from this is very rare.

You can't really get much of that hd4200 chip it's already luck that game is generally very light on the gpuTongue. You might try how "allow 8 bit textures" affect that part of the game as this option can give totally different results depending on game scene and hardware, might be a speedup or slowdown, but usually it is significant, soo when being gpu limited it's always worth checking.

Anyway if it's just the menu that lags I would totally ignore it and at most change sound to Async Mix if the laggy music would be too bothersome;p. Since you're playing at native res and around anyway you could also try software mode(F9), 3.5Ghz on PII is quite nice soo even through it has just 2 cores maybe you could get full speed in software(althrough stupidly software mode is one thing that could actually gain from having more cores, heh;3).