Low FPS.
Alright so today i got pcsx2 running with all the plugins i need but when i try to play a game i get only like 5 fps and less!

What im really here to ask is if my comp is able to run this at full speed
Here are my specs
CPU:
Intel i3-2310M @ 2.10GHz (dual-core)
RAM:
4.0GB RAM
Graphics:
Intel® HD graphics Family
1809MB Video ram

So is that too slow for it?
Note i can run pretty much every game you can throw at me. But this ps2 emu is the only thing i have trouble with.

Sponsored links

(09-07-2011, 08:31 AM)Instinct141 Wrote: Alright so today i got pcsx2 running with all the plugins i need but when i try to play a game i get only like 5 fps and less!

What im really here to ask is if my comp is able to run this at full speed
Here are my specs
CPU:
Intel i3-2310M @ 2.10GHz (dual-core)
RAM:
4.0GB RAM
Graphics:
Intel® HD graphics Family
1809MB Video ram

So is that too slow for it?
Note i can run pretty much every game you can throw at me. But this ps2 emu is the only thing i have trouble with.

is not the same thing, emulation is a weird species, it takes a lot of things(power) to make work the ps2/games in a pc. now ur pc is "weak" for the emulation, the igp make it worst, so maybe u can play 2d games with speed hacks activated, but 3d games is like a no-no, check the forum for the thread about low end pcs, maybe u can find there tips to increase the performance of pcsx2 in ur pc, cheers o/

the IGP is indeed the worst u could have for emulators, (Not speaking of the very old ones, like GBA or SNES Emulators) Before I had my quadcore I had a Dual Core 3 Ghz (Desktop ofcourse, Laptop CPU's are seriously too weak for what I play or do with my computer, no offense intended) I also want to recommend others that play games with their laptop/notebook or whatever, play it on your desktop computer, it has way more power, then any laptop will have at this current age Smile Though u could tryout Final Fantasy X to see if it runs decent, since that's one of the few titles, that doesn't really need a beast of a pc/laptop Smile
Sandy Bridge and Intel HD 3000. They work well for a variety of titles at native res. I cannot imagine what game with which you got 5 FPS. Please post your PCSX2 settings here.
(09-07-2011, 08:45 AM)Livy Wrote: Sandy Bridge and Intel HD 3000. They work well for a variety of titles at native res. I cannot imagine what game with which you got 5 FPS. Please post your PCSX2 settings here.

Well here it is (gyazo is a screencap program. nothing fishy i swear.)

http://gyazo.com/3862308303cc3aede15ca90698e489a6

game was Need for speed underground 2 by the way. Wacko

It seems you're still using an old version of PCSX? Smile What is your version?? Smile
(09-07-2011, 08:52 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: It seems you're still using an old version of PCSX? Smile What is your version?? Smile

0.9.6 i believe.
Whats the most updated?
You're using 0.9.6, an ancient version of PCSX2. I wonder where you download it from. You should go to PCSX2 homepage and download the 0.9.8 for better compatibility and speed.

Your screenshot is lack of many things. But I can see you choose SSE2 instead of SSE4.1, which the Sandy Bridge processor is capable of. So I can assume that you have not read the configuration guide. Read it here. It is the guide for 0.9.7 but it is still correct for 0.9.8.

I don't have Underground but those racing games tend to be very GPU intensive (I have Burnout 3 and Gran Turismo 4 and none can run at playable speed on PCSX2 on my PC). Unfortunately Intel does not provide any software to keep track of GPU usage, but I'm pretty sure 99% it is your GPU that bottlenecks the system.

You should give up and play another game such as Final Fantasy X, XII or Kingdom Heart. These games should run fine on your PC, at native resolution at least.
not only his GPU, but also his CPU Smile It's the Mobile variant Smile thus quite weaker then it's desktop variant Wink