Low FPS?
Hey! I have a MacBook Pro 15" Retina. Im running windows on boot camp to use PCSX2. My problem is that it runs ridiculously slow. Even when I select no iso/cd, it doesnt get past 30-32 fps.

These are the specs:
2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
512GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

I don't know if this could be because Im running on boot camp? The Mac pcsx2 is very buggy so Id rather use windows 7. Sorry if someone has posted about this already, I looked and couldn't find anything!

Sponsored links

You forgot to say the most important thing - what's the game you're trying to run;p, it's a difference between heaven and earth, some games could literally run on a netbook while others require latest hardware with serious OC.

Also since it's a laptop, make sure you change windows power settings to high performance or alike, by default it's on power saving mode which doesn't really run anything heavier than web browser too well.
(02-13-2013, 08:17 AM)miseru99 Wrote: You forgot to say the most important thing - what's the game you're trying to run;p, it's a difference between heaven and earth, some games could literally run on a netbook while others require latest hardware with serious OC.

Also since it's a laptop, make sure you change windows power settings to high performance or alike, by default it's on power saving mode which doesn't really run anything heavier than web browser too well.

It was the power settings. Once I plugged in my laptop it started running at normal speed. I knew I had to try this out but it slipped my mind. Thanks for the help and quick reply!