Low FPS, computer just to slow?
My stats:
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 2040MB RAM
Card name: VisionTek Radeon X1300
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7146)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_23501545&REV_00
Display Memory: 256.0 MB

And my attempt to run FFX on it essentially met with failure, FMV and game play are both at around 12 FPS, with the sound staggering to match the display speed, but CPU is usually only around 35-40 %

Am I just dead in the water until I get a better computer? (Several months off, at best) Or can I possibly save myself with a setting tweak?

Sponsored links

Sorry to disapoint you but with that cpu i can only say No you w'ont be able to get playable speeds, you can try some speed hacks but i doubt it will help much.

you're better off getting a new pc if possible a dual core (i5 ?) machine with at least 2.8 ghz.
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
Its not only the CPU.
Everything is slow in that PC, cept for the RAM.
You have to get a new one to run PCSX at playable speeds o.O
There is no way you could play with this system. No "tweaks" etc..
You could try to apply some speed hacks... or use them all to get sumtin around 20 fps. And try VU cycle... just play with the settings.. maybe something will fit you.
Many games running full speed. o.O
Win XP SP3
Intel C2D E5200 @ 3,125 Ghz
2 GB RAM @ 800 Mhz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670

Weeeiiiird Laugh

That's what I was afraid of. Problem is, I have no where the needed funds. Ah well, a lost cause. For now.

Got April through august with some actual work lined up, and nice pay. I should be able to save enough spare funds by then. I was given a PS3 for Christmas, and I didn't want both systems set up, but looks like my options are limited for a bit.

Thanks for taking a look!
(01-16-2010, 05:00 AM)amborgeson Wrote: That's what I was afraid of. Problem is, I have no where the needed funds. Ah well, a lost cause. For now.

Got April through august with some actual work lined up, and nice pay. I should be able to save enough spare funds by then. I was given a PS3 for Christmas, and I didn't want both systems set up, but looks like my options are limited for a bit.

Thanks for taking a look!

? both systems? Do you mean a PS2? I don't mean to insult, but you realize that FF can just be played on the PS3