Low FPS during gameplay & Skipping Audio in HD Cutscenes
Hi! I'm new in using PCSX2. (just a few days ago) I am playing FFXII in my laptop. I've got Core i7 - 2GB Radeon VGA - 6GB RAM. I tried reading and watching some tutorials on how to make my FPS faster (maintaining it to 50-60fps) I tried using speedhacks & tried to make some new settings on my own but on gameplay all I get up to 45fps max and when the HD cutscene starts all I get is stuttering audio and slowmotion video Sad need help![/font]

Sponsored links

Which specific i7?

What are your settings?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Intel Core i7 2670QM Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6730M 2GB
6GB RAM

All setting are default. I revert it back to start over again in configuring the best settings.
2.2 ghz will be weak for most games under pcsx2.
Which game are you trying ?
Are you sure your radeon is used instead of your intel hd gpu ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-06-2014, 12:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 2.2 ghz will be weak for most games under pcsx2.
Which game are you trying ?
Are you sure your radeon is used instead of your intel hd gpu ?

I'm playing FFXII. I think I already got the setting a little bit right... just the gameplay it's slowing down for a moment and then sometimes its very fast... but its playable now not like the first time I installed PCSX2. For HD Cutscenes its a little bit faster than normal speed and if i put limit on the FPS its slowing down so I left it w/o limit. thanks anyway I think the Processor is the main problem. I'll try to configure more different settings later.
For the audio,you can try change from TimeStretch to Async and mode 1-Linear,in audio settings maybe can help.For the video (GSDX plugin),you can try native mode,without texture filtering and 8 bit texture.in Emulation Settings -----> Speedhacks use all hacks but not the two sliders.in EE/IOP and VU change to chop/zero and normal (or none) ......