Low FPS need help.
I am new to PCSX2 and I need help figuring out why my fps is so low. I read the whole Configuration guide and I did everything that it told me to do with my PC and I'm still getting 10 - 15 FPS.

Intel® Pentium® D CPU
3392 MHZ
Features these MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3
ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
2 GB of RAM
runnin windows XP

Sponsored links

First known you have a slow PC so don't expect much that can be done.

Now... what game are you trying? What PCSX2 settings? What plugin settings? screenshots are prefered. try the latest beta if you aren't already.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah I'm using 0.9.6 still but I would assume that my PC could handle PS2 grade graphics since it handles modern PC games very well.
I'm trying to play KH 2 FM and I'm using GSdx9 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.11.4
Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
Controller: SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

Also the cut scenes go black every half a second I don't know what that's from.
Never mind, I'm getting the blackout blurps in gameplay too.
Ok, you're using very old plugins so I'm assuming old PCSX2 too so first of all get the latest beta and try again.

Also emulation and PC games are not the same thing.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Emulation is a bit different from running native games. Your video card maybe a top in it's generation (It still depends on the 3rth digit), but if it was just to emulate the PS2 original graphic quality any 1ghz CPU would be enough... sadly it's not so.

Still, like PC games, Ps2 games do have their own hardware demands, the game you are trying to play will define it more than PCSX2 itself. But that does not change the CPU is old and will be slow in most games.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Alright thank you, I updated everything. I did not know that that was the case with PC games and emulation games. I'll see how it runs with all the latest stuff.