Low FPS troubles 20-25 FPS
I'm sure there have been a million and one posts on here about low FPS and what to do about it, and I have searched and tried a multitude of things but nothing seems to be increasing the FPS enough to make my game playable. Computer specs:
- OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Processor AMD E-450 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 1650 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
- 4 GB RAM
- Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics
I am trying to play Kingdom Hearts (1), was running fine around 60 FPS until I got into the Destiny Islands. At that point I get around 20-25 FPS. I have res set to native and have already tried tweaking speed hacks.

If you need screenshots of config screen or more specs just let me know. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Brandon

EDIT: Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, and for replying quickly as well. Yeah I was hoping and praying I'd get to play on this computer rather than my hard-hitting computer lol, I like to save that one for Litecoin mining but oh well, KH is an awesome game and certainly worth the time playing it. Thanks again everyone for your replies!

Cheers,
Brandon

Sponsored links

That weak cpu is the problem its made for low cost low performance machines like lowend notebooks that are only good for basic things like browsing the web and office work and maybe some older games. That is the reason why you get low fps in games the system iis just to weak to handle heavy hitters like PCSX2 and Dolphin.

May want to take a look at this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

Quote:Will work, but very slowly, possible problems:

Intel Pentium III
Intel Celeron (any P3 and above series)
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Sempron
AMD Turion
AMD APU C-**, E-***, Z-01, E2-3**, A4-3***
your computer specs are low for pcsx2, both cpu and gpu. best to use ee and vu speedhacks and see what happens.

your computer specs are low for pcsx2, both cpu and gpu. best to use ee and vu speedhacks and see what happens.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Truth be told, you ought to be glad you were getting 60 FPS at any time with that processor, as we all know, emulators are processor intensive and yours is severely lacking in clock speed. It may have to be something you learn to live with outside of a new processor, but some things you could try are speedhacks (not sure which specific ones but maybe someone more knowledgeable with them will chime in and help you), lowering the resolution, and/or limiting the framerate (to achieve a smoother experience) Go ahead and try some of those and see if things are any better. Good luck.

EDIT: A few beat me to the punch.
AMD Phenom II 3.0 Ghz
Windows 7 Home Premium
Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti
4 GB DDR2
Because u'r cpu is too weak,set clamping mode to none in both EE/IOP & VUs in emulation settings.also set interlacing to none or auto in video plugin setting.plz upload u'r settings also,so we can see what can be do next!!

1 more thing u can try to set D3D internal resolution to 800x600,640x480 something low like it in video plugin setting.i'm sure it'll boost u'r game performance Smile
(04-18-2013, 04:19 PM)Preet Wrote: Because u'r cpu is too weak,set clamping mode to none in both EE/IOP & VUs in emulation settings.also set interlacing to none or auto in video plugin setting.plz upload u'r settings also,so we can see what can be do next!!

1 more thing u can try to set D3D internal resolution to 800x600,640x480 something low like it in video plugin setting.i'm sure it'll boost u'r game performance Smile

In that case I'd suggest trying that work with the threshold of NTSC/PAL Bily and you have been attempting than setting the clamps to none Smile

Strange things may happen in this case, monsters (not) fighting with the backs toward you... you moving to left when trying to go right and the grue waiting for you in the darkness Laugh
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-18-2013, 05:59 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: In that case I'd suggest trying that work with the threshold of NTSC/PAL Bily and you have been attempting than setting the clamps to none Smile

Strange things may happen in this case, monsters (not) fighting with the backs toward you... you moving to left when trying to go right and the grue waiting for you in the darkness Laugh

yeah he can try billyash tweak

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown

as u're saying nothing unusual happens in my case,7-8 games i tried.monsters not fighting in my backwards lol Tongue2.if anything unusual happens,hit restore defaults on EE/IOP & Vus!!!
(04-18-2013, 06:32 PM)Preet Wrote: yeah he can try billyash tweak

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown

as u're saying nothing unusual happens in my case,7-8 games i tried.monsters not fighting in my backwards lol Tongue2.if anything unusual happens,hit restore defaults on EE/IOP & Vus!!!

There are cases, but the clamping and rounding aren't meant as speed hacks actually and their effects aren't constant. They are related with denormal numbers and other mindbloging techmath bla bla, so will not be always the effects will be so evident and you could indeed play till something strange happening and then setting a more aggressive mode so to bypass it. To be honest I never tried playing with them disabled to verify is there is any worthwhile speed gain to compensate for the potential issues, maybe because in the few cases I get slowdowns, the normal hacks are enough to get by.

The examples I used in the pretentious joke are for real, for example, they are reproducible in FF-X.

PS: not in your backwards actually, lol (sorry, couldn't resist)... I meant you fighting a monster looking the wrong way, with the back turned to you... it's frustrating and even anti-heroic to backstab the poor thingie Smile despite actually being a boss... the joypad inversion happens in certain deck of certain nave you acquire at certain point of the game ( hope not being BIG spoiler Smile ).
Imagination is where we are truly real