Low Fps
Hello i want to play Dragonballz tenkaichi 3 but when i start a battle the fps goes to 25-30 Wacko. in the menu i have 45-50. how is that possibleOhmy?

my system:

Amd Athlon 64 x2 +6000 3,0Ghz
3GB ram 800Mhz
Geforce Gts 250.
Windows vista ultimate 32-bit

With this system i can run it better right Ohmy? please answer fast Laugh

Thanks & Cya

Kingjerr

Sponsored links

I'm not sure what you mean by "how is it possible", I'm not really technically orientated, but I would figure it's quite normal, The Emulator won't run every game everywhere at one single frame rate, the more intense the scenes get, the more demanding it is on your system, the menu doesn't need much power, but when the battle start, there is so much more going on, you'll get the same thing in pretty much every game.

Not to add that PCSX2 is nowhere near complete, so its not like you should expect it to work flawlessly.

Also, just a personal recommendation here, but you should switch your operating system to 64-bit, since both your CPU supports it, and you have sufficient RAM.
There isn't any reason for him to switch to a 64-bit operating system though... Unless he has a 2GB video card, he won't need it. 32-bit operating systems can only access 4GB of ram TOTAL, so since he only has 3 GB of ram, and his video card is at most 1GB, he's at the 4GB limit and therefore fine for 32-bit operating systems.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ok ty but look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdrMQ6SxuEA

this men doesn't have a better pc than mine but he can run the game very smooth..?

how is that possible?
He is using native res (low resolution) and the video is most likely sped up.

That said, using the latest beta (revision 1888) will give a pretty notable speed boost to this game. You should be getting better fps than you are in this game, but not guaranteed perfect. You can also try playing around with speed hacks and disabling clamping in the advanced menu for a bit more of a boost. Besides that, double check that you don't have any problems in the background hogging your CPU and you may want to try dumping the PS2 game to an ISO as that too could have a factor.
(12-13-2009, 04:55 PM)Koji Wrote: There isn't any reason for him to switch to a 64-bit operating system though... Unless he has a 2GB video card, he won't need it. 32-bit operating systems can only access 4GB of ram TOTAL, so since he only has 3 GB of ram, and his video card is at most 1GB, he's at the 4GB limit and therefore fine for 32-bit operating systems.

I didn't intend to imply that It would make any difference, simply that if he could, and was willing to, he should, The more people use 64-bit operating systems the closer it comes to becoming mainstream, 32-bit is getting dated, The only reason Windows 7 came out in 32-Bit variety was because intel keeps making 32-Bit cores which a lot of people still buy, and they keep making them because people don't feel the need to switch to 64-bit.

Mind you I'm not saying it is a necessity now, But it is better to start early, and reach a solution before the problem appears.

Besides, He might not have more than 4GB now, He might feel the desire to upgrade in the future, this help eliminate future frustration.

There Might not be much of a reason to switch to 64-Bit at the moment, but there is no reason not to either, If one could, one should, that's how the world advances.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+
4GB DDR2
HD3870 512MB GDDR4
All CPU's at present work on 64 bit as far as I know (I mean from like C2/PII etc)
So it doesn't really matter.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
That is not entirely true. The Intel Atom processors are still running on only x86 technology. (not that you would want to play PCSX2 on that processor anyway.)
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
I've seen so many threads on so many forums of people saying "Look, -link- this guy has a worse PC than me but he plays it with no lag!"

Just mess around with the options, speedhacks, MicroVU in CPU options, things like that, and see what happens. To play games smooth, you'll need around 3-4GHz depending on the game. For a game like Disgaea or any other Nippon Ichi game, 3GHz is enough. For games like Kingdom Hearts, 3.4-3.6GHz would be nice to run it, and around 3.6GHz for other games.

I'm using 3.4GHz and pretty much every game runs nice on it. Suikoden Tactics (which is playable all the way through (with a pnanch), someone should update compatibility), Suikoden 3/4/5, Castlevania Lament of Innocence, Wild Arms 3, Dark Chronicle (Plays Wonderfully), FFX, FFXII and others I can't think of atm.

But yeah, at any rate, I'd advise you to update your CPU, but I don't know a thing about AMD.

It's funny, in 4-5 years people will be reading this when a PS2 plays like a SNES Emulator and they'll be going "look at those noobs, 3.6GHz? Hahaha, pretty slow Smile"
[Image: 2212125.png]
| XFX HD6950 2048MB @ 900/1400 |
Overkill on a lot of games there BlueSamurai. I can play Disgaea with absolutely zero slowdowns on a 2ghz dual core laptop. On my older Athlon X2 I could play many 3d games fine at only 2.8ghz. I didn't have Kingdom hearts to try, but FFX played fine except for a select few spells/summons. A lot of other games played fine too except for a few heavy scenes (the assemblies or certain monsters in persona games for example).

You can get a reasonable amount of games to work with a sub-3ghz dual core. That said, the recommended system is at least 3.2ghz and faster will always be better.

As for mentioning SNES emulation, I actually got better playable results on my ancient K6-2 system (450mhz) playing N64 than SNES... ahh those were the days.