Low fps?
A little bit off-topic, but related: why is the girl in your screenshot not standing on the sloped platform properly? it looks like she is kind of floating.

Sponsored links

(07-15-2013, 04:58 PM)Preet Wrote: Games always run great in hardware mode,not with software mode Smile
because u'll stuck at native resolution with software mode
& it's slow
while in hardware mode u can upscale resolution as u want & u get more speed if u'r graphic card allow it !

once again you think you know everything?

I have SEVERAL games that run better on SW mode

@honam1021: post your gsdxini contents here please?
@Preet as Saiki said some games work better in software mode than in hardware mode. Software mode is more accurate, and much more demanding (since it relies primarily on the CPU) though hardware mode usually works out (depends on the game though).
(07-15-2013, 06:56 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: @Preet as Saiki said some games work better in software mode than in hardware mode. Software mode is more accurate, and much more demanding (since it relies primarily on the CPU) though hardware mode usually works out (depends on the game though).

To expand on this a little... it's not that software mode is all that more demanding in terms of computations, it's simply that it's being put fully on the CPU. A CPU that will (in most cases) already be straining because of emulating all of the other parts of the PS2. A CPU that also isn't designed to excel at 3D rendering (as it's a general purpose processor)

That's why modern CPUs with many cores (more that are "free" from emulating the other PS2 components) can often times work better than low to mid-range video cards.

There are other factors as well, but I'm not comfortable trying to explain them because I'll undoubtedly explain them wrong (it's a little above my head, but it has to do with directX CPU overhead)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-15-2013, 05:54 PM)Koji Wrote: Do me a favor and humor me, play the game in hardware mode with native selected, find a spot where the game slows down, and take a picture.
Here you go:

The fps is sightly higher, but the 680 is more than enough to handle 6x native with no AA. Does higher render res increase the CPU load
No, it only increases the GPU load... the thing with that image is, even though the CPU thread is really high (80+%) you're not maxing frame rate. Normally, this is a sign that the GPU is insufficient, but the difference should be pretty great between the native and 6x if that were the case.

So, now we have to wonder, what's going on here. If you have a CPU monitoring program (speedfan, CPU-z, hardware monitor, or even windows task manager) get to one of those slow down parts again and then post the information from that... maybe something is throttling down your CPU.
[Image: 2748844.png]
what happens when you use 3x instead of 6x cause 6x is overkill and not needed imo

Also go in to nvidia CP make profile for pcsx2 and make sure MAX PERFORMANCE in that screen shot your memory or gpu core it down clocked to 810mhz. which mean Adaptive power is being used.
(07-15-2013, 06:05 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: A little bit off-topic, but related: why is the girl in your screenshot not standing on the sloped platform properly? it looks like she is kind of floating.
The animation is fixed, the game won't adjust the animation accordingly when the character stand on a slope(Due to the lack of processing power)
The thing wrong with this thread is an assumption that slowdown can be caused only by things we can measure and people are trapped with suggestions around it. While it's not even true.

First of all you use MTvu, maybe you do have to use it, but it's not a miracle setting it's a hack, some games can get a slowdown from it even if you can't see it by any of the % reaching 100%.

Also about GPU limitations, some games are simply bugged in hardware mode and can have like one or few effects or textures which are ultra heavy on the bandwidth and will limit even top end gpu's on native res, if that would be the case you simply will not be able to run the game at full speed on hardware mode untill those heavy graphics would be removed(ie by skipdraw, but the one in gui might not actually work for it;p). Even if somebody would remove the cause of heaviness it could as well be some of the visible graphics, or most of it, in which case you would have to use software mode to run this game properly at full speed. It wouldn't be the first nor the last of a game that works that way. Other than software mode I would recommend trying GSdx from 0.9.8 version(just plugin) and before people throw a hate at me, I'll explain it was last version which had different texture cache which simply works much faster in few games, I use it myself in those rare cases, if that would be a gpu limitation(and doesn't matter the gpu it CAN be even at native as explained above;]), it would be good thing to try before resolving to native-res-only software mode.
In post # 15 look at the clock rates and in post #4 look at GPUZ see what his base 3d clocks should be and boost clocks should be his card is down clocked in pcsx2. His GPU is downclocking his core or memory to 810mhz that is problem in its self and he need to make NVCP profile for pcsx2 and set it to max performance. Cause his card does not have 3d clock rate of 810mhz for either the core or memory. let alone a boost rate of 810mhz

Do this and i bet problems stop. Making a nvidia profile for PCSX2 set to max performance was the VERY first things I did when I got one of these cards that had option to pick from Max performance and adaptive cause by default adaptive is used. And I dont trust the algorithm that is used to chose between max performance and adaptive and be correct which is same reason I have speed step turned off on my cpu.