Low fps
I am getting 15-20 fps. I'm playing Champions: Return to arms. My specs are: 6 GB ram, AMD FX-6300 cpu, Radeon 6850 gpu. I've messed around with resolution, speed hacks, several renderers, all of the hardware mode settings, and nothing helps. The fps before the game starts, where it asks for which memory card to use, shows me the companies that made it, etc: runs at 60 fps. Once the game actually starts, it immediately drops down to 20.

Edit: My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. And I've tried pcsx2 1.2.1 and the most recent svn build.

Sponsored links

It doesn't surprise me that your FPS goes kaput. Your CPU and GPU really aren't that powerful; but try software mode rendering just incase.
This is one of the more demanding games. It needs to be played in SW renderer. SW renderer is very cpu intense.

Unfortunately the raw power of your cpu seems not to be sufficient. You probably would need to overclock for that game.

First of all set extra rendering threads in gsdx plugin settings to 3 or 4 and check FPS, EE% and GS% values.
Do you use non default settings?
(05-13-2015, 11:36 PM)willkuer Wrote: This is one of the more demanding games. It needs to be played in SW renderer. SW renderer is very cpu intense.

Unfortunately the raw power of your cpu seems not to be sufficient. You probably would need to overclock for that game.

First of all set extra rendering threads in gsdx plugin settings to 3 or 4 and check FPS, EE% and GS% values.
Do you use non default settings?

How demanding are we talking? Like, SotC demanding?
SotC is something else. It can be run in hardware mode. You can use VU cycle stealing to avoid some slowdowns.

This game needs to run in sw mode which is by itself already more demanding. Additionally you need a lot of memory (2GB+patch required). How demanding it is for you depends on the single thread performance and number of cores of your cpu. What I heard so far the SW renderer is also very demanding for this game.

I would say these snowblind games are the most demanding stuff you can find.
But I neither have a ps2 game of those slowblind engine games nor a cpu handling such a game. So information I can give is collected from other users.
Ah, so it's my hardware. Thanks anyways.
For what it's worth:

Gregory has almost finished fixing the half screen issue in snowblind engine games(like this) so they can run in hardware. That will make them MUCH less demanding, Refraction was getting about 180FPS on his machine WITHOUT MTVU.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
If you don't mind me asking: what is the estimated time until it is released?
Likely pretty soon, within a week unless something weird happens. I'm getting ready to write a news article about it, so it's close.

You can follow the progress here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-snow-engine-half-screen

Edit: wait you can't read that thread, it's in a private area.

Sorry! Well, it'll be soon anyway!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sounds good. Thank you very much.